Classic Motorcycl Ride - Pewter Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Motorcycl Ride - Pewter Run

Anyone know anything about an event called the "Pewter Run" or something like that held in New England for early classic motorcycles?

I am hearing bits and pieces about this event and it sounds like fun.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Is this what your looking for Buzz?

http://pewterrun.com/default.php
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Pewter Run

Hey Buzz,
      You need to contact Bob Coy, who lives in N.H., and is also in the AMCA roster. I believe he runs the show, or has his hands in it! Would make for a good story+ride! BPK!!

Comment

Pweter Run for Classic Motorcycles

Here's what I found about the event. I am considering doing it with my original paint 1924 Harley JD:

The fifth annual USCRA Pewter Run will take place on Sunday September 6th 2009 in Hillsborough Center New Hampshire.

The Pewter Run was started as an annual event in 2005 to be a celebration of the first fifty years of motorcycling, a road reliability trial and an opportunity for owners to use their machines in the manner intended by their makers.

We have crafted the rules to be similar to the VMCC's Banbury Run and Sunbeam MCC's Pioneer Run. The five classes as defined on the entry form are:

CLASS GUIDELINES
        Class A: Veteran. Machines manufactured before December 1914.
        Class B: Early Vintage. Machines manufactured between 1915 and December 1924.
        Class C: Late Vintage. Machines manufactured between 1925 and December 1930.
        Class D: Post Vintage. Machines manufactured between 1930 and December 1949.
        Class E: Post 1950**. **Entries subject to approval by event coordinator. Please send photo if possible.

Each rider is given a route sheet with a map and written directions for the course. Riders start at timed intervals and a pewter trophy is presented in each class for the rider who comes closest to a pre-determined time without being under that time.

Use the following link to an excellent slide show done by Beth Braun of the USCRA of the 2008 event: 2008 Pewter Run

The website is: www.pewter_run.com
        Buzz Kanter

Comment

Pewter Run for Classic Motorcycles

Here's what I found about the event. I am considering doing it with my original paint 1924 Harley JD:

The fifth annual USCRA Pewter Run will take place on Sunday September 6th 2009 in Hillsborough Center New Hampshire.

The Pewter Run was started as an annual event in 2005 to be a celebration of the first fifty years of motorcycling, a road reliability trial and an opportunity for owners to use their machines in the manner intended by their makers.

We have crafted the rules to be similar to the VMCC's Banbury Run and Sunbeam MCC's Pioneer Run. The five classes as defined on the entry form are:

CLASS GUIDELINES
          Class A: Veteran. Machines manufactured before December 1914.
          Class B: Early Vintage. Machines manufactured between 1915 and December 1924.
          Class C: Late Vintage. Machines manufactured between 1925 and December 1930.
          Class D: Post Vintage. Machines manufactured between 1930 and December 1949.
          Class E: Post 1950**. **Entries subject to approval by event coordinator. Please send photo if possible.

Each rider is given a route sheet with a map and written directions for the course. Riders start at timed intervals and a pewter trophy is presented in each class for the rider who comes closest to a pre-determined time without being under that time.

Use the following link to an excellent slide show done by Beth Braun of the USCRA of the 2008 event: 2008 Pewter Run

The website is: www.pewter_run.com
          Buzz Kanter

Comment

Working...
          X