Rear Wheel Identification? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Wheel Identification? Help

I found this wheel on an old oxygen/accetylene welding torch cart. At first I thought it was a front wheel, But then I seen 12 equally spaced 10-32 bolts (broken off) around the perimeter of the brake drum. The rim is 19", 36 spoke, painted steel, bottom color seems to be black. The rim width is 3-1/4" outside dimension. The brake drum is 5" I.D. and has 1" wide shoe area. It is riveted to the hub assembly. The axle is 1/2-20 and is in ball bearings on each side. I didn't knock the bearings out to see what the bearing numbers were, but with this type bearing, I'm guessing that it was built in the late 40's or early 50's. The tire that is on it is an Allstate 4.00 X 19. With the 10-32 (3/16") sprocket mounting bolts, I would think that it is not off of a very heavy or large motorcycle.
    Any help with the identification of this wheel is appreciated. I have attached 5 photos of this wheel. Thanks.
    wheel1.jpg

wheel2.JPG

wheel3.JPG

wheel4.JPG

wheel5.JPG

That wheel is for a Harley lightweight. The 19" size was stock on the first 125 and early 165. They use 36 hole wheels and have the bolt on sprocket.
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
    X