Laconia Harley Davidson would like display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laconia Harley Davidson would like display

Hello- I've been contacted by the owners of Laconia Harley Davidson, formerly Merideth HD in the Lakes region of NH. They are trying to put on a vintage display on Tuesday June 16 during Laconia Bike Week.

They are quite flexible, are hoping for 15 or more bikes of any brand in the parking lot during the day, and have offered to secure bikes in their facility if required. They have offered lunch and other goodies to those who participate.

I'd like to extend the invitation to all AMCA'ers who may be in the area and are willing to participate. Please contact me at danmargolien@yahoo.com. I'm going to try to coordinate with the owners, but can provide their name and number if you wish to contact them.
    Dan Margolien
    Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
    Www.yankeechapter.org
    Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Since you are in NH, I was hoping you could help me with some information. I bought a 1959 Super 10 that the previous owner claimed was a "wall of death" bike. There is a sticker from the "Concord Motorcycle Shop".

Ever heard of this shop?
    Attached Files
    \'77 Sportster
    \'68 FLH
    \'61 Super 10
    \'56 Servicar
    \'59 Hummer

Comment

Concord Motorcycle Shop

Hey Ratfink,
      The Labrie family ran that Harley dealership for many years. It was also the shop for the Harley race team when they were racing @ Laconia. Dick O'Brien spent a lot of time there with his race crew! Bobby Labrie had a lot of talent in making Harleys fast, and also the maker of the first Harley 3 cylinder!
      Dan, I emailed the Merideth dealership and they never got back to me? BPK!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info. I wonder if the bike is a WOD or just a racer. Either way, it has some history! I plan on keeping the bike just the way it is. I just rebuilt the motor.
        \'77 Sportster
        \'68 FLH
        \'61 Super 10
        \'56 Servicar
        \'59 Hummer

Comment

Dan, we will be there with 2 bikes. In Lincoln, NH, there was a 1926 Harley in a private collection. I will try to find the owner and see if he wants to bring it down.

I found the photos.

Last edited by x-90 rider; 05-15-2009, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Everyone was pleased with the vintage bike display at Laconia Harley.

Last edited by x-90 rider; 06-23-2009, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Comment

Thanks to everyone that went to Laconia HD

I greatly appreciate everyone that gave their time and machines. The dealer was extremely happy and thankfull as well.
                Dan Margolien
                Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
                Www.yankeechapter.org
                Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                X