Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Enthusiast

Dear all,

I could not be less than amazed with that thread with the all the old pictures! What a pleasure!!!

I was wondering if old issues of The Enthusiast are not copyrighted and since many of us have some, we could slowly scan them and upload them in this thread!

We could have a huge collection to let all read the issues of their favourite years!

Can somebody tell if this is allowed?

Kind regards.

Chris.

Well... Considering the amazing reaction to this project, I tried to attach here the pages of the issue of March 1947...

Impossible with the given limits for attachment size!

There is no way for the IT guys to increase these limits??? I know this will overload them but there is so much graphical material to exchange in this forum!!!

Next time maybe...

Regards,

Chris.

Comment

Chris, I've been using a photo sharing site called photobucket. http://photobucket.com/
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

I don't know if it's O.K. or not to post that material Chris. But I'd sure love to read it!!!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

I've got a full set of the VL Years Enthusiasts from July 1929-December 1936 and digitising them is on my list of 'some day' projects. It would be nice to index all the names, bikes and stories that appear in them as well.

Comment

Issue 1947 March (I)

Comment

Issue 1947 March (II)

Comment

Let's see...

Well folks,

This was a first try "just for testing"!

- Let's see first of all if the thread is visited! Scanning, attaching and the whole thing takes some time a I am glad to do it if somebody makes use of it! (I have the 1947 issues only).

- Let's see if some copyright expert wakes up!!! I do not want to go in any trouble. I wish only to share with the community these old issues which are not longer available at the shops...

- I know some images are blurry. My scanner is small (A4) and did not allow the page to lay flat. I will correct this easily next time!

- I know it is much easier if text is turned 90 degrees. I will also rotate pictures next time for comfortable on-line reading!

Any comment for improvement is appreciated!

Kind regards.

Chris.

Comment

Thanks Chris! That's awesome....... I'm going to sit down a little later and read it all!!!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Cool Chris,
                    I don't think I'll try to load all mine. I have from 1920 to the current sorry excuse for a magazine the MoCo is putting out. That's somewhere around 750 issues. I won't live long enough to enter them at my speed! But I can scan individual articles if someone needs one.
                    Robbie
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

1947 January (I)

Comment

1947 January (II)

Comment

Rub,
                          I guess you haven't heard. The Enthusiast is no more. It has been replaced by Hog Tales.
                          Be sure to visit;
                          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Anybody ever read any of the early Harley Dealer publications? By the way great stuff Chris in Japan! Very good reading! Those folks sure weren't scared to ride their bikes in those days were they? It was a nice shot into yesteryear with some really great photos. Thanks again!
                            Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

Chris Haynes,
                              That is what I was referring to! The new merger!
                              Robbie
                              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
                              X