Weekend Pics..Dial-up Beware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Pics..Dial-up Beware!

I figured I'd share a few pics of the Deeley Museum in Vancouver and a couple also from the Classic Swapmeet on Sunday.... It was good to get down to the west coast and experience spring in full bloom! It was a great swapmeet for those little bits I needed to finish up my 45....now I just gotta get a block of time to lock myself in the bike shed to put it all together!!!

My buddy and I were lucky enough to have the curator stand around and explain how this machine worked........very cool.....

My favorite bike on display at the swap!! 1914 H-D.....

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Cory, I spotted a 1916 H-D in the background of the picture of the green and white '51 sidecar rig. Did you take any detailed pictures of the 1916 ? If so could you post them or send them to me. I'm finally getting around to working on my 16 J and would love to see pictures of any '16 around.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Eric, sorry that's the only pic I've got with that machine in it. For some reason I seem to recall that it was listed as a '17. I have to admit I was pretty sidetracked with the '12. I had a quick look on Google Images and there were quite a few links to pictures there. Here's one of them........ http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...%3Den%26sa%3DG

It's good to hear that your getting to that J, it's a worthy machine to spend time on for sure! Keep us posted will ya?
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

I recognize the WLA and the UL from the swap meet in Mount Vernon on the day before.

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
          Eric, sorry that's the only pic I've got with that machine in it. For some reason I seem to recall that it was listed as a '17. I have to admit I was pretty sidetracked with the '12. I had a quick look on Google Images and there were quite a few links to pictures there. Here's one of them........ http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...%3Den%26sa%3DG

It's good to hear that your getting to that J, it's a worthy machine to spend time on for sure! Keep us posted will ya?
          It's possible it is a 1917. Early '17's were gray and '16's and '17's were very similar with the exception of a different frame and rear stand being the obvious differences. Glad you got to go to an outdoor event Cory. Your part of the world is getting ready for a glorious spring and summer. In Florida it all mushes together but we did have a surprisingly cool winter.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

I was going to mention that the Fred Deeley motorcycle exhibit made it's way to St. Petersburg, Fl. a few years ago. I heard that Fred Deeley was not happy about letting his bikes go on the road like that. He must have made a bundle of money from it considering what they charged for admittance. It was a good exhibit all in all but I wasn't that impressed with the quality of the American bikes that were on display. The European bikes were quite nice and very unique and I would have to say that I liked them better than the American bikes. The American stuff was beat up, or very poorly restored. The pictures Cory posted show much better examples than we saw here in Florida.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
              The pictures Cory posted show much better examples than we saw here in Florida.
              Perhaps he was only comfortable letting his '#2' bikes go on the road like that (?) and kept the best examples at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
                I recognize the WLA and the UL from the swap meet in Mount Vernon on the day before.
                I'm sure both bikes were probably there. I talked to quite a few people that were down south the day before. They all seemed to have had a good time. It's got me thinkin' about Tenino now....
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                  I was going to mention that the Fred Deeley motorcycle exhibit made it's way to St. Petersburg, Fl. a few years ago. I heard that Fred Deeley was not happy about letting his bikes go on the road like that. He must have made a bundle of money from it considering what they charged for admittance. It was a good exhibit all in all but I wasn't that impressed with the quality of the American bikes that were on display. The European bikes were quite nice and very unique and I would have to say that I liked them better than the American bikes. The American stuff was beat up, or very poorly restored. The pictures Cory posted show much better examples than we saw here in Florida.
                  In the past I have heard that some of the restoration work done at the museum was not the most accurate. The stuff I got to see seemed pretty good. Most of their exhibit was British. I missed the Harley one by a couple months, I guess they rotate bikes around. The museum is part of the dealership and admittance is by donation.

Yes it was good getting down to the coast. Most of the event was indoors but there was plenty to see outside in the parking lot. The Mrs. has been bugging me to go to Florida, so I just may hit Eustis next year and see what it's all about.
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Oh, here's a couple more pics........

Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                      I'm sure both bikes were probably there. I talked to quite a few people that were down south the day before. They all seemed to have had a good time. It's got me thinkin' about Tenino now....
                      It would be an honor to meet you in Tenino. I am sure there will be plenty of talk here before then....

Comment

God I just LOVE those big ol' flatties...!

Comment

It would be good to meet you too Rooster. I'll have to see how things are going by August.... and yes those big twin flatties are pretty awesome!
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                          X