Newtons Law of Kick Starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Carl, Good to hear from you.
    Sad re funeral. Sorry to hear that. Always makes me appreciate life a whole lot more.
    Matt starting that EL after a 5 month layover IS mighty impressive.
    Good showing of riders considering the weather and all. Nice to hear.
    Good flat track work! I know that the families always like a little of that when the bikes are around. Lifts the spirits.

Hearse,hearse, arse- I have now taken all the silly words off the filter.

I look forward to many more road runs with you. All the best - take care.

^^^^^^ Oh ya, the guy that hit his head. Trailer deck was covered in oil. I did ride up on the elevator with him. I was concerned. It didn't hit me until I started to think about it out in the parking lot. A brother is a brother(L.A. sister), but MAN it was funny.

I myself, on occation, have kicked two or three times with the key off and wondered why the bike will not start. Hummmm...that sounds flat. Oh, Oh ya- the key.

Once on the little Triumph I stalled and was too lazy to stop and kick so as bike was rolling down slight grade at less than a walking pace. I kicked it as it rolled. It started second kick and I got a two thumbs up from a couple of pretty ladies sitting close by. --Ya , I know -easy stuff on a light weight. But you still have to keep your balance as you kick. Which is kinda tricky. Hummmm...would that make a good field event game? A rolling kick.

Comment

I remember times in ruts or sand or snow when you couldn't get a full stroke of the kick-starter before it hit the ground. Then I broke a couple kick levers too. I liked that forged one-piece kick lever and bicycle pedal of the Knucklehead and early-Panhead era. That bicycle pedal was the very best and looked cool too. I think it has a 1916 part number. And the little outside spiral clock-spring gave the Harley part of its unique American look. I can't stand it when people put stupid chrome covers over that spring.

Comment

Working...
      X