New 2010 National Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2010 National Meet

I've been trying to put this up earlier but I kept getting server errors, but anyway.....

A group of us representing three Southern Chapters - Blue Ridge, Catawba Valley and Dixie - made a presentation to the National Board at Eustis on Friday for a new National Meet (not a Road Run) in May of 2010. Our committee put in a great deal of work and made what I think was a great case for our Southern Nationals. And our work was rewarded when we were granted approval!

So, mark these dates down - May 13, 14, 15, 2010 at Denton FarmPark in Denton, North Carolina!

Many of us have long felt that we should have a meet in this area since we had two situations we felt needed to be addressed - the first being that there is nothing on the AMCA calendar in May and the second being that geographically-speaking, there is not an AMCA meet here in the South! And having this Meet will fix both situations!

Denton FarmPark is an outstanding venue and is a labor of love for the Loftin family with many buildings that were moved intact to the 140-acre site. These include the Jackson Hill church, all the buildings from the Reid plantation, a complete grist mill, a radio museum, an old country general store, an old machine shop, a shoe repair shop and many other buildings of interest to us folks interested in the olden days. Many campsites have water and electricity access.

The FarmPark is perhaps best know for the annual Threshers Reunion on Independence Day Week when over 50,000 visitors come to look at the old hit-and-miss engines, steam engines and old tractors on display and hard at work. References to this event can be found by Googling "Denton FarmPark". Look under "Images" to take a peek at the site.

We are still working on our plans but we will also have a great Road Run on that Saturday morning to areas of interest in that area of NC. Be aware that nearby is the Richard Petty Museum, the Victory Junction Gang Camp for children with terminal illnesses, a warbird museum, the NC Zoo, Richard Childress Winery, the Bob Timberlake Gallery and the Seagrove Potters area with over 100 potters. And also, the American Classic Motorcycle Museum in nearby Asheboro.

So, put us on your calendar and hope to see ya'll then at the First Annual Southern Nationals! You will not be disappointed!!

Lonnie C. from S.C.
    President, Catawba Valley Chapter
    Last edited by Lonnie; 03-04-2009, 04:47 AM. Reason: Fixing my boo-boos
    Lonnie Campbell #9908
    South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

There is also a Harley Davidson Museum in Asheboro, NC. I will be there, thanks.
    Pete Cole AMCA #14441
    1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Lonnie View Post
      So, mark these dates down - May 13, 14, 15, 2010 at Denton FarmPark in Denton, North Carolina!

Many of us have long felt that we should have a meet in this area since we had two situations we felt needed to be addressed - the first being that there is nothing on the AMCA calendar between Eustis in the beginning of March and Oley in late April and the second being that geographically-speaking, there is nothing between Eustis and Oley! And this Meet will fix both situations!
      The AMCA must have printed my calander wrong. It shows May being after April, not between March and April. Anyway, sounds like it will be a great venue. Wish it was closer to the left coast!

Comment

Hey, I was tired! Too much fun in Eustis!! I fixed the errors in the original post - thanks.
        Lonnie Campbell #9908

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

For those interested I'll try posting some details of Denton FarmPark and details of the meet.

DENTON FARMPARK IS A UNIQUE HISTORICAL PARK

· 140 Acres

· 500 Campsites (most with water and power)

· Restored Buildings from Yesteryear

Country Store Post Office
          Machine Shop Blacksmith Shop
          Radio Museum Doll Museum
          Plantation House Grist Mill
          Log Cabin Shoe Shop

Louie Hale
          Dixie Chapter
          Louie
          FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
          Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
          YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Count me in for Denton. I have been exibiting antique bikes at the Threshers Reunion for over 25 years. A great place to camp with nice facilities. If it is going to be the same layout as the Threshers Reunion there are a lot of campsites, actually Exibitor Spaces in a wooded area where you are protected form the sun. Believe me Exibitors out in the open field are unprotected from the sun and heat. Denton can be the hottest place in the world in July! http://oldbike.homestead.com/
            Attached Files
            Last edited by kunzog; 03-09-2009, 06:58 PM.

Comment

You're right, anywhere here in the South can be a killer in July. The mid-May timeframe should be warm but not cooking! And it is a great place for an event - Louie or Matt McManus or I will post additional info as we proceed further along.

Rgds,
              Lonnie C.
              Lonnie Campbell #9908

Comment

I look forward to an excuse to visit NC again. My wife and I rode our bikes out to the RA rally at the Biltmore a couple years ago and had the chance to visit with Dale and Matt at WTT. The high point of the trip was riding Dale's Crocker. My only comment to him was"Harley Style or Indian style controls", and his comment to my wife was, "He can ride that thing, right?". All the newbie posers in the parking lot were confused as I rode up on a Ducati and my wife on her VFR! And rode the Crocker with a modern textile riding suit and full face helmet! Dale and Matt are the best and everything i have seen so far of NC rocks, so it would be a great excuse to see more of your country!
                Robbie
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
                X