Eustis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eustis

Eustis was a good meet. The weather was fantastic until Sunday morning judging, but even then it cleared up and the sun came out. Eustis is what it is and that is a smaller meet that offers a cold weather escape and a chance to see what people have been working on over the winter. Personally, I had a great time and found some very good things for my '48FL and had a lot of fun showing off my '19 Henderson. Of coarse you always hear some bitching about the lack of parts, and everything getting too expensive but as our good friend from this forum, "Indianut" said: "If you've come to this meet and you're not having a good time, you need to find another hobby."
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

That's good to hear! I coulda' used a cold weather escape, but alas it wasn't in the cards. Eustis did cross my mind this past weekend though, you know the massive grins and old iron. It warmed my heart from thousands of miles away! Now if a fella could only see a few pics........
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Eustis again was a very good meet, I think they even had a few more vendors then last year. like always most people had a good time, but as P.T. Barnum said you can please some of the people some of the time but you cannot please all of the people all of the time.
      I had such a good time soaking up the sun, I am staying longer. told my wife I would be home in 2 weeks or April, not sure which
      Kevin Valentine 13
      EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Man do I envy you Kevin, enjoying all that sunshine. It was 5 degrees with a driving wind here this morning when I left the house.
        ------------
        Steve
        AMCA #7300

Comment

IT WAS 82 DEGREES WHEN I LEFT THE MEET AT NOON ON SATURDAY. BACK HOME AT 8.30 PM THE NEXT DAY IT WAS MINUS 28 DEGREES CELSIUS WITH THE WIND CHILL !

Comment

I don't see myself in your picture Barry so I must have been part hunting, or shooting the bull. I would have enjoyed meeting you.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

your bike was one of my favourites there. Maybe we'll meet up at Oley ?

Comment

eric it was nice to see you ride your bike so much better then pushing it with white papper on the tires
                rob ronky #10507
                www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
                  eric it was nice to see you ride your bike so much better then pushing it with white papper on the tires
                  Good man Eric...... very cool to hear you blasted around on it. It's always disappointing when they become static art pieces. I already knew that you ride your machines....but still good on ya!!!!

Not to detract from this thread but here's a shot I thought you might find interesting...........

Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

A group of us from the Blue Ridge and Catawba Valley Chapters went down early, arriving Wednesday early afternoon. We rode to Daytona on Wednesday evening and had dinner at the Ocean Deck there on the beach. Also stopped in at the Cabbage Patch and the Boot Hill. On Thursday we rode to the Gulf Coast and had lunch at Ozollo (spelling?) Key. We took the scenic routes on both journeys. A varied lot of bikes - Harley knucks primarily, a panhead, a shovelhead, Indian, BMW and Triumph.

Beautiful weather but it sure got cold fast, not to mention very windy, on Sunday! My partner on the trip and I each stayed to assist in the judging of a couple of bikes but as the weather deteriorated we loaded up the '42 after its WC appearance and bailed.

Incidentally, Kevin and Robin along with the Sunshine Chapter crew did a great job in organizing the judging.

I have never gone to Eustis and not had a blast!!
                    Lonnie Campbell #9908
                    South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Working...
                    X