Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old motorcycles in Daytona

Hey everybody,

I am not sure how many of you are going to Daytona in a couple of weeks, but if you are going to be in florida, I would like you to come and hang out with me and Rocky at the limpnickie lot. Check out the press release below. Hope to see some of you there!!!
    best regards,
    Matt Olsen

DON’T JUST SEE ANTIQUE BIKES—TRY ONE OUT IN DAYTONA

Visitors to Bike Week in Daytona Beach during the first week of March will get a chance to experience history firsthand, thanks to The Antique Motorcycle Club of America. The AMCA will host a display at the Limpnickie Lot, a custom-bike location in South Daytona Beach, that won’t just give visitors a chance to see historic motorcycles—they’ll be able to try them out as well.
    In addition to a collection of classic machines for visitors to admire, the AMCA will have two bikes set aside for hands-on demonstrations of decades-old technology. Those machines—a 1948 Indian Chief and a 1939 Harley Davidson Knucklehead—will be set up on stands so that anyone stopping by can try to kick-start them and learn how to operate a “dead man’s” throttle, hand shift and foot clutch. Those demonstrations will take place all day on Wednesday, March 4.
    “There have been a lot of times in the past, where I was out riding old bikes with friends, and whenever we stopped for a bite to eat, or to fill up gas, our group of old bikes would get bombarded by curious people.” said Matt Olsen, youth coordinator for The AMCA. “I thought that it would be neat to provide the modern motorcycle public with an opportunity to learn about these old machines and to give people a chance to try out a classic machine for themselves.”
    On Friday, March 6, The AMCA will sponsor a class for motorcycles from the Linkert-carburetor era in the Cycle Source Ride-in Bike Show at the Limpnickie Lot. Linkert was the primary supplier of carbs to American motorcycle manufacturers from 1933 to 1965, and the class will be open to Indians, plus Harley Flatheads, Knuckleheads and Panheads, along with any bike that has been retrofitted with these carbs.
    The AMCA display will be located in the Limpnickie Lot at the Stone Edge Skate Park, 1848 S. Ridgewood Ave. in South Daytona Beach. For more information, go to www.limpnickielot.com.

The 39 knucklehead demo bike. My dad is providing this bike for complete strangers to learn how to kickstart and handshift an old bike. I think this says a lot about what a cool guy and genuine old motorcycle enthusiast he is.

The trophy for the linkert carb class was provided by www.carlscyclesupply.com and www.aaok.com. The ride in bike show is on Friday, come and hang out with me and a lot of other old bike enthusiasts. It will be a great time!!!
    A.M.C.A. Board Member

www.oldbikesinsd.blogspot.com

www.pre1916scramble.blogspot.com

I look forward to seeing you there. Don't believe I will be bringing an old bike this year, but might show up on some top new bike that I am reviewing for the magazine.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Matt that is really something. Man I wish I could be there. My brother is going though, gave him the heads up to stop by.
      Ray
      AMCA #7140

Comment

Howdy Chaps,

Those demonstrations will take place all day on Wednesday, March 4.
        Sounds fun and I'll be there for sure but hope Rocky referred to is not Rocky Halter as Wednesday's schedule is usually occupied till after 1200 with the Indian Breakfast, Ormand Beach ride and whistle-wetting at the Broken Spoke.....assuming of course we're still doing that this year?

KevinV?
        Cheerio,
        Peter
        1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

I will be there all day, Rocky is coming later on. Hope to see some of you guys there.
          A.M.C.A. Board Member

www.oldbikesinsd.blogspot.com

www.pre1916scramble.blogspot.com

Comment

Matt, I was there for the show on Friday and ran into you at the HD show as well. You gave me a stcker for ne of my knuckles.Good turn out and even though my 36 VLH was out front it was good to see some old bikes represented. Maybe with more warnign we cna have a bigger contingent next year. Cycle Source photed my 33 VLD last year at Willies for a feature. I hope they get the support they deserve too!

Comment

Working...
            X