Emblem Factory may be endangered!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emblem Factory may be endangered!!

Well I thought about this from time to time when ever I passed by it and sadly it may be comming true.
    A friend of mine gave me a news paper clipping from a small local paper that talks about the old Emblem factory that is located in Angola New York.

According to the article,the factory on 10 York street has been vacant for over 15 years in bad shape described by many board members as a slum and blight spot in the area it also goes on to say that 90% of the windows and doors have been broken thieves have taken copper wire,pipes and other materials from the building.

The property currently has large tax,morgage and utility leins against it they also claim that there is a consern about environmential contamination to the building and the area.
    The village has had the building secured in an effort to stop any more damage and theft of any items and are having local village police and county sheriff step up patrols of the 1.10 acre site that is in question.

The article goes on to say that the village board will continue this discussion at the next board meeting.
    Last edited by Chuck#1848; 02-15-2009, 09:31 AM. Reason: more information
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

mabey the club should buy the building ,put some antique bike stuff in there and then charge us all to access it
    1946 chief 1948 chief 1948 wl 1950wl 1941ulwith sidecar 47 chief(in the works)65bsa

Comment

A building as historic as this should be grabbed up by a historical society of some sort and preserved. It could have possibly been a good spot to have our club museum!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

I vote that our directors don't pay out another dime with our money for anything museum related, especially on a building that is 100 years old and would cost a fortune to rebuild and maintain.

Second point... we as a club should not be buying motorcycles that end up in a museum. One more bike in a museum is one less bike that future generations will not have the opportunity to own or ride. I have made a decision to not sell any of my motorcycles to any museum and encourage fellow members to do so as well.

Comment

Originally posted by silentgreyfello View Post
          I vote that our directors don't pay out another dime with our money for anything museum related, especially on a building that is 100 years old and would cost a fortune to rebuild and maintain.

Second point... we as a club should not be buying motorcycles that end up in a museum. One more bike in a museum is one less bike that future generations will not have the opportunity to own or ride. I have made a decision to not sell any of my motorcycles to any museum and encourage fellow members to do so as well.
          I would say I have to agree with you on that one. I'm always happy to see a cool bike in a museum, but I have to say that when I leave I can't help but think that it'll never see the light of day again. Those old machines should be used and enjoyed. After all isn't that what they were meant for? I can also think of way better machines to spend money on besides that ghastly Torque 4!
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
          X