• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brough Superior Radial 3 Lives

CHECK THIS OUT! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbNEvuSAKx8

Brough Radial

Hey Barry!
    That's truely amazing! Any idea where this thing is at? Are you going to venture South to Florida next week, or are you iced in?
    All the best, RF.

Comment

Hey Fred, The engine is in England. Here it is at the Brough rally last August on the show field at Nottingham with 216 of it's brethren. I didn't get to talk with the owner when there so was astonished to see it run so well and emit such a lovely bark. Yes, Florida beckons and I will be escaping this frozen wasteland. See you there.

Comment

One wicked sounding Flatty !
        Membership # 2926

Comment

Howdy Barry,

Splendid! I take it this is a little more application specific attempt at an airplane motor than a Henderson with the trans cut off and a deep sump fitted - that big output shaft bearing carrier anchored to the case with almost a dozen bolts like it was to carry a prop.

Also like the owner's keen sense of self preservation what with that rotator cuff bursting starting handle routine and no apparent hearing protection for 90 seconds of 120 decibels and choking exhaust inside his shop - a pair of latex gloves.
          Cheerio,
          Peter
          1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

He's probably already deaf like a lot of us and as for the latex gloves... that's probably all they can afford now in England

Comment

Would be a perfect repower for my snow blower!

Comment

many years ago there was what appeared to be a very well constructed Vincent twin snowmobile in the Montreal area. I am sure it was documented in MPH.

Comment

Brough aero engine

There's a fellow who lives near Biggen Hill named Jeff who used to do machinery for the aero industry. He's now retired, and fools around with Indians, Hendersens, Aces, and the occasional Nimbus. The shop photos look like it may be his. I just wonder? He currently has a very nice Blue & cream '32 Chief. Probably the only one in the UK.
                  RF.

Comment

I believe it is Brough club member Tim Ball.

Comment

Working...
                    X