Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rattler - part 1

Howdy Chaps,

Can't believe it has been 4 months since this wanted AMCA wanted ad chat? This one has been a flog. Basically I got this machine part dry mocked up and decided why lose a full season's riding doing an over-the-top resto for Daytona 2010 when I could do all the heavy lifting this time around (machining, sheet metal, mechanical), then just whip a quick coat of Krylon on it for preservative (took 5 cans in case you're thinking about doing your own) and have it for Eustis and Daytona this year. Depicted is the chain of events that led to this machine's first ride last Saturday after 32 years as a moldy basket case. It's been an absolutely delightful 260 miles since.

Using an art refined here in the AMCA to a high level, it is moderately "antiqued" to look like an elegant old gent's well worn but polished boots. To wit, I carefully cleaned those wheels, masked off, hand painted the centers and hand striped them to the original appearance after brass wire brushing the spokes. Similar liberties taken elsewhere. Here you'll see it as bought and dry mocked to the point where the decision was made to take it back apart and proceed with a rattle can resto.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PRG; 02-10-2009, 05:24 PM.
    Cheerio,
    Peter
    1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience
Working...
X