New to the AMCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the AMCA

Greetings, I'm new to the AMCA, not new to old bikes. I reside in the Tar Heel State, although I did not attend school in Chapel Hill. I have ridden the better part of 40 years. I am a 3rd generation Indian man. I'm a semi-retired psychotherapist and maintain a small private practice to keep me in parts! Now so have some time on my hands and joined up. I have several friends on here. I own 2 bikes, one antique a 1947 Indian Chief I'm building the other a 2002 Gilroy Chief. I know there is alot of prejudice towards the Gilroys, I love mine and hope to one day buy a Kings Mountain Indian to round out my collection. I have toured the factory there and interact with the folks at the dealership there frequently. I respect those "purists" who feel the company died in 1953, or was it 1954, or even 56? I have a different perspective. I love Springfield Indians the most, but love the others, and feel they have a place in the Indian community as well. I travel to Davenport yearly, and am headed to Rhinebeck this year. I feel honored to be in the company of y'all. I visited the new display in Springfield in November to see what the museum did with Ms. Mathos collection. They had a "glimpse" view of things to come when they open November of this year. I am married to a Kiwi girl and travel to New Zealand at least once a year to visit my in-laws would like to get to Invercargill to the Burt Munroe races one year, have been to the Pukehoe show there in the past.
    Pete "Micmac" Cole
    Greensboro, NC
    Pete Cole AMCA #14441
    1947 Indian Chief

Micmac
    Welcome to the forum!
    Johnny Whitsett
    AMCA # 8626

Comment

Welcome aboard Pete.
      ------------
      Steve
      AMCA #7300

Comment

Welcome to the forum Pete
        Jeff Bowles
        Arkansas
        Membership # 14023
        1957 Sportster

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome.
          Pete Cole AMCA #14441
          1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Welcome to the forum and the AMCA!

Cheers,
            George and Kyle Marakas
            K & G Cycles

Comment

There ain't nothin' better than the AMCA!
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Welcome and enjoy your stay !!!

Comment

Howdy Pete,

Welcome aboard! After 34 years of rabbid antique pursuits grown even more misguided of late - explain paying 07 market high prices for a moldy basket case on Oct 4th the moment our economy reached terminal velocity free fall - my wife likely now thinks I might be better served by someone of your expertise than the usual m/c marque experts I rely on for guidance.
                  Cheerio,
                  Peter
                  1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

I can't explain a $1000.00 speedo to my wife, I don't think I could help ya out much in that regard. Some things are unexplainable by science anyway
                    Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                    1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Hi And Have Fun Its Life willardsmarts h-d parts & Sales Claudia AMCA 9583
                      WillardSmarts H-D Parts $ Sale
                      Ogden Utah. Jeff & Claudia AMCA 9583
                      (801)920-9574

Comment

Working...
                      X