Dale Walksler at Inaugural Parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale Walksler at Inaugural Parade

Just got this pic in the ol' e-mail. Looks like he's dressed for the weather. I always find myself staring in awe at his bikes. I kick myself for not getting to Wheels Through Time....

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Cory ya done it again

Damn I love seeing the old ones
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Comment

I knew I saw an old bike in that parade. There you go. Hrdly

Comment

Parade

World War I Harley, How appropriate !!! Hats Off , Dale.....Carl

Comment

Dale told me all the security checks and guards he had to deal with to be part of the parade had no idea what to do with the old sidecar rig. He thought it was hilarious! He said being part of the presidential inaugural parade was a once in a lifetime deal.

Lucky guy!
          Buzz Kanter
          Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
          [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
          [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Dale is a man who knows how to have fun. What a great spokesman for the hobby he is.

Comment

Well done Dale, great bike and appropriate outfit. What a fitting way to present the hobby to the Worldwide audience that saw such a great celebration at the start of a new era.

Comment

How about we start an 'AMCA Parade Commitee'. Possibly get ourselves inserted in some of the larger well known parades around the country.

Imagine a bunch of vintage motorcycles with their riders in Period clothing coming down the street in the St Patrick day Parade in New York City with a Banner of the AMCA out front held between a couple of smartly period dressed Motor-Maids or a Float with some vintage early bikes on top.

Maybe even a Float with a Vintage painted Billboard painted with a old Indian or Harley ad on it. Picture the full or 3/4 size billboard on the float, a vintage Harley police bike and its Period dressed Motor Cop peaking out behind it as another vintage Indian bike along side the billboard with its Period dressed rider simingly riding 'Hell-Bent-for-Leather'.

Hrdly

Comment

Good job, Dale ! Way To Troop the Colors !

Parades are tough on old equipment, both bikes and cars with cooling systems. Because of the pedestrian pace of parades it is like a 5 mile slow race Ridding the clutch the whole way. If you could stay in 1 gear and ride circles going along the route it would be easier on the machine. Parade organizers don't like that though.

But ya gotta watch out for the medow muffins left by the equestrian units.
                  William McClean
                  AMCA # 60

Comment

Rode in a parade once going so slow that I turned my s/c rig around and went in reverse for about 2 miles!
                    Robbie
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Would have loved to seen that

Originally posted by Rub View Post
                      Rode in a parade once going so slow that I turned my s/c rig around and went in reverse for about 2 miles!
                      Robbie

Robbie,

Myself being a self proclaimed sidecar fanatic I would have loved to see that any chance someone got it on video?

What were you riding?
                      Chuck
                      AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Chuck,
                        I was riding my '44 UL police rig. It was in Ruidoso New Mexico for the Aspencade rally and was filmed by the crew doing "On ANY Sunday II". I never saw any footage and the scenes were cut from the movie. It may exist somewhere! Chris Haynes, Any ideas?
                        Robbie
                        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I followed Dale in the parade in my 1917 WWI truck. It was a logistical nightmare to get the vehicles into DC and past security for this event.

Despite temps in the low 20s, the slow walking pace had both of us running very hot. Dale was lucky, in that he was able to occationally drive in circles to get some air flowing.

I'm glad I did it but, two wheels or four, I think I'm through with parades.

FYI: You can see our group on the CSpan link:

http://www.c-spanarchives.org/librar...ts_id=283482-1

Click on "View in Timeline" and then scroll down to find "Lincoln Highway National Museum" in the list (at time 17:45) and click on it.

Regards,
                          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
                            Chuck,
                            I was riding my '44 UL police rig. It was in Ruidoso New Mexico for the Aspencade rally and was filmed by the crew doing "On ANY Sunday II". I never saw any footage and the scenes were cut from the movie. It may exist somewhere! Chris Haynes, Any ideas?
                            Robbie
                            It wasn't used in the movie?
                            Be sure to visit;
                            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
                            X