Swap Meets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap Meets!

After talking to people lately about needing parts and wasting time going to meets only to never see one. You’re not going to. A swap meet has become a point of contact. Not point of sale. It’s become a place to see old friend and make new ones. It’s part of nostalgia. Without this part of the hobby. I would have found a new one. Here’s an idea to make this journey even more fun and take the load off your back. If you’re looking for a few important things go to Staples or Office Depot and get Avery business card paper. Go to envelopes and labels in Word and print cards with what you want and all your vital info. No more needing for a pencil or paper after two days of partying. If you do it right, they will never forget you and you’ll get a Christmas card to boot. Bob and Katie the super Beagle!
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

great idea bob

it was super meeting and talking to you today hope to see you again soon probably at oley or rheinbeck

moose
    Moose
    aka Glenn

Comment

I think your on the mark there Bob. The last few swap meets I went to provided me with nothing significant to bring home. But I did get to visit with old buddies and that alone made it worth the drive. Thanks for the card idea. I've pondered that before, but never got down to the printers to get it done. I'll stop at Staples the next time I drive by one. I had a few t-shirts made up last fall with wants and needs. I can't wait to wander around with them when the snow melts!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

swap meets

Bob,

I'm really sorry you feel that way. I'm sure hundreds of other dealers and vendors do as well.

Are you saying the meets aren't worth going to for buying parts?

I don't think you are considering the effort and cost it takes a dealer-vendor to "bring you a meet"
        Last edited by fabercycle; 01-04-2009, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Tom, God No! I go to every meet to buy parts but the high end ones a fewer and fewer in between. No bodies bringing sheet metal and frames with them unles they got a semi. My only point was theres a way to stay intouch after every one goes home and forgets!
          AMCA #3149
          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

yea I have gone home empty-handed a few times but when we no longer have swap meets I probaly wont be interested in being in the club. I guess the meets are a big reason Im here. I still like to look and hold the parts Im buying.

Comment

swamp meat!!

How can say this,,PARTS,DIRTY,GREASY,RUSTY ,BROCKEN..IN RO TTEN,SMELLY.NASTY SOMETHING ON THEM THAT RSEMBLES..POO!ITS A LIFE STYLY.SLEEPING IN THE RAN ON THE GROUND NEXT TO YOURE BIKE DOUCKTAPE HOLDING TANKS TOGETHER,WAITING FOR THE GATS TO OPEN,IT'S THE HUNT FEELING YOURE HART RATE RISE AS SEE THE FIRST MILKCRATE.OLD FREINDS SHOWING THERE NEW FIND.A GOOD DEAL OR A BIG RIP! THE FOOD,NOTHING LIKE A GOOD CLEANING OUT,,STOPPED UP TOLETS (FULLOF BEER CANS)THIS IS LIFE,BRINGING THAT BROCKEN SET OF CASES BACK TO LIFE.YOU'RE HAPPY,STUFFING PARTS IN POCKETS IN YOURE WORN FEILDJACKET,LOOKING LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON WITH BIG SMILE ,PUSHING OR KICKING YOUR BIKE TO LIFE FREEZING RAIN ,BALD TIRES.BUT POCKETS FOOL.SWAMP MEET!! YEAH!WHEN IS THE NEXT ONE ??

Comment

Thanks Colonel, I enjoyed that visual. Long before ebay & knowing about the AMCA, I would go to every swap meet I could find. There weren't that many really. The only way I knew about them was a flyer posted in a local shop. The meets were usually a bunch of pickups in a field somewhere. Besides the tactile & sensory euphoria of digging through milk crates, there was always a hat being passed around for the winner of the titty contest.
                Ahh the good ol days, Bob
                Bob

Comment

Amca Meets, Titty Contests , Mmmmmh , How Did I Miss That ... Er Those!

Comment

I remember the first biker swap meet I attended. It was in the early 70's in Tampa, Fl. I found out about it because we drove by and there was a big crudely painted sign that said; 'Motorcycle Swap Meet'. I was dating a girl that was a feminist and in those early days of feminism, chicks were pretty radical about male chauvinist pig behavior. Of coarse, the first thing we hear is, "Show me your t*ts !" She didn't have as much fun as I did. The second thing I remember about that particular meet was a guy selling a 1952 Chief motor for $50. It was all apart and in a suitcase and he was even going to throw in the suitcase. I really can be a dope.
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

Should have bought it Eric. You would likely still have it and your girlfriend could have used the suitcase to leave!
                      Robbie
                      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

You guys are getting me all fired up about wanting to go to a swap meet and its still a month away before we see any around here. Not only are the contests great but swap meets are also a great excuse for drinking beer in the morning.
                        ------------
                        Steve
                        AMCA #7300

Comment

BEER!

beer-n-cornflakes,!:d

Comment

Steve....Beer is not just for breakfast anymore. Paps

Comment

neshaminy swap meet ?

who has the date for the swap meet the neshaminy chapter has in january

Comment

Working...
                              X