oh nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh nuts

another question what is the best way or what to use to clean nuts and bolts before cad plating or pakerizing.

trying to keep all the bolts and nuts separated so I don't misplace or misuse what I disassembled

thanks hope I'm not a PITA with all these questions

btw just sent my seat pan and saddlebags to wOrsham castle, Ive got to tell you what a pleasure is was to talk to Michael and his wealth of knowledge is amazing about seats and bags
    Moose
    aka Glenn

I love your posts Glenn. I'm doing a '48 Pan and much of what your're doing applies to my bike. There is no such thing as a dumb question when it comes to motorcycle restoration. People on this forum always reveal great tips and suggestions.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

bead blast them
      Jeff Bowles
      Arkansas
      Membership # 14023
      1957 Sportster

Comment

I ask questions/advice too

I actually hope to meet you as well as see your labor of Love since we're in the same region. I've never restored and am just into original unrestored cycles...never say never. Merlin in Pa.

Comment

likewise merlin we ride out in bucks county all the time and go to Brians in Langhorn quite a bit

I hope to be done around june or july depending on finding some one to do my heads. I have a broken fin about 1/2 inch off of it. and I also need rear exhaust flange repaired and a redo for unleaded.
          wanted to use head hog but he is at a 6 month backlog so I'm looking around
          Moose
          aka Glenn

Comment

Glenn
            Give Advanced Cycle Machining a call the did a real nice job on my 57 sportster heads
            http://www.advancedcyclemachining.com/index.html
            Jeff Bowles
            Arkansas
            Membership # 14023
            1957 Sportster

Comment

thanks Jeff

I'll give them a call on monday

glenn
              Moose
              aka Glenn

Comment

Dear Glenn,
                After 12 years of resto , we have found that first degreasing, then letting them dry, then put them on a cookie sheet in a 350 oven for an hour to draw out any more grease let them cool over night then bead blast them with glass beads not sand.
                Hope this helps
                Cass

Comment

thanks for the tips while the wife is out I could try the oven trick. now to find a non flamable degreaser
                  Moose
                  aka Glenn

Comment

I wash mine in muriatic acid and a hot water rinse to pre warm the parts before dumping them into the solution.
                    Be sure to visit;
                    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
                    X