• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting facts(?) about the new Triumph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEuzxC4eGc&eurl=
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

LMAO

That looked like a Yamaha V-Max from the 80's at first. Was it? Comical at best...Makes you wonder who and what was behind it to make that Video. Personally I havn't seen anything about the Newer Triumphs that I like yet myself, as well as the failed Indian second attempt...it's hard to follow a class act with the same name. and I try to keep an open mind about everything too. LOL Merlin in Pa. it's been cold here and wet :-(

Comment

Well as a traditional Priory Street (pre-Meriden) Triumph owner I think the products of Triumph (Hinkley) rely a lot on past glories to sell to a retro middle aged rose tinted spectacle wearing market.

But you've got to hand it to John Bloor, he's been sucessfully selling these new Triumphs since 1990 ish which is a darn site longer than the recent incarnations of Indian and Excelsior/Henderson put together.

At the end of the day it's commercial sales which have kept the company developing their own original designs and machines from those days when they bought in Japanese tooling and designs to make the first re-born Triumphs back in the early 90's.

Comment

The Rocket is obviously a ridiculous bike. Like the CBX, and those V-8 bikes, I forget their name. But then, I thought biking was about freedom. Personally, the new Triumph Twins look great, to me, and I would really like to ride one. I hear a lot of good things about them. Since this is an antique forum, I don't look for too many positive comments on "new" bikes. Oh well.............. Just remember, that at one time, all things were new.
        Mike

Comment

Not a shot at...just my thoughts

I have a few friends that ride the new Triumphs with no complaints... My comments were based on some detail workmanship that I noticed that few Manufacturers are without some flaws. I shouldn't have said the wording that "I haven't seen anything that I liked about the new Triumphs" The styling is nice and the reliability is prolly improved alot. I know and respect the British sense of Humor as I wish we in the States could only match, But was that a real commercial for Triumph over the pond? Merlin in Pa.

Comment

Whow now, ridiculous is in the eye of the beholder. I have 4 CBXs, and they are no more ridiculous than a Henderson, (got one of them too ) or an Indian 4, or several other niche or "cult" bikes. Just because they didn't sell at the time doesn't mean they weren't a great part of motorcycling history.

I have a little experience with the newer Triumphs but of the 3 and 4 cylinder models. They are good machines. Never been on a modern Triumph twin though.

Comment

I think the phrase goes like this " Beauty is in the eye of the BEER holder "
              Ross

Comment

And the beer to beauty ratio climbs considerably when more beer is added!!!
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                  I think the phrase goes like this " Beauty is in the eye of the BEER holder "
                  True enough. But at least most stock bikes aren't "Coyote Ugly". With the possible exception of the B-King and new Vmax.

Comment

Working...
                  X