William Henderson drawings on e bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Henderson drawings on e bay

Did you guys see that ? in the other makes section for motorcycles. They have what they say is original Henderson drawings, signed and everything I think it said almost 400 pieces . Looks really like some neat stuff,if its real maybe for the museum? Just curious , sure caught my interest. Says if it does not sell he will be at the Las Vegas auction.

sorry item number 160306254824

Comment

WOW!!!! I'll be curious to see if it sells for what the buyer is asking.....
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

I saw them too and figured these would be an amazing addition to a world class collection. Anyone here know if they are real?
        Buzz Kanter
        Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
        [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
        [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Kanter View Post
          Anyone here know if they are real?
          The seller claims 400 drawings. If they're fake it's the grandest forgery since the Hitler diaries ... Perry
          Last edited by Perry Ruiter; 12-24-2008, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I was stunned to see so much priceless documentation in one pile. 400 drawings ! Holy Cow !
            I submit to the readers of this forum: What would you do with this treasure ? Should our club buy it ? Is it acceptable for a single person to own something so valuable to people trying to restore an Ace. The sad truth is, it will be bought by some rich guy and that's the last any of us average folks will see of it.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Personal opinion.

Some rich person is going to purchase these, and they will go to ruin.

It is sad that a piece of history such as these drawings are probably going to be seen for the last time.

Would it not be nice to be able to go somewhere and be able to obtain engineering data/drawings for every single piece/part, for our "toys".

I know I would like to.

Happy Motorcycling next year.
              George Greer
              AMCA # 3370

Comment

Now if our "CLUB LIBRARY" wanted to buy something really good,,,,, Naw, they just want to make money selling scans of stuff we give them.
                Be sure to visit;
                http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

36,000 bucks and counting, holly smokes - rich folks is right!

Comment

Well I ani't been out bid yet. Yeah right !

Comment

looks like standard procedure to me,list item at unattainable reserve,get your buddies to bid it up just under reserve,now the item has "street cred" when it hits vegas.
                      www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Lonnie, I think you are right about the shill bidding. Top four bids are by new members to ebay. Not only that, the bidding jumps from 16k to 36k, nothing in-between.

Comment

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
                          looks like standard procedure to me,list item at unattainable reserve,get your buddies to bid it up just under reserve,now the item has "street cred" when it hits vegas.
                          Excellent point. That would explain alot. Thanks
                          ------------
                          Steve
                          AMCA #7300

Comment

I have to say that if I was well heeled, I would buy it. If it's a majority of the drawings for an Ace assembly I would say that pile should go way over 50G's and even that may be too cheap. The important thing is; what's going to happen to that pile? The real tragedy would be if someone bought it and broke it up to sell as individual drawings for people to frame and put in their man-caves. That happened to a pile of Excelsior/Henderson drawings that emerged back in the mid 90's. I just hope a true enthusiast gets the pile and does the right thing with it.
                            Eric Smith
                            AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                            X