The New Jersey Historic Motorcycle Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Jersey Historic Motorcycle Society

Some of you guys might remember the small paid web-site I had a couple years back called NJHMCS or The New Jersey Historic Motorcycle Society that featured vintage bike pics and scans of original early New Jersey related motormobilia.

I shut it down when I moved to my present location. Now I got the itch to re-start it, although right now I'm just going with the Yahoo group. Maybe later down the road I'll set-up a paid web-site, but for now this is 'FREE' web-space, so what the hell.

Well, anyway, I just set it back up the other night. I'm nearing 100 photos and scans already and have lots more to add to it as I build the site. You can access at this address:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/NJHMCS/

So far I've set up several Albums with different titles such as:

NJ MOTORCYCLE POLICE PHOTOS, NJ COMMERCIAL MOTORCYCLES, NJ CIVILIAN MOTORCYCLE PHOTOS, NJ MOTORCYCLE RACING, NJ MOTORCYCLE PLATES, NJ SERVICE STATIONS, NJ MOTORCYCLE DEALERS and more.

Feel free to check over the photos closely and add to the information on the bikes Make, Model, Accessories, etc. I'll update the photos/scans with it. Also, if you have some vintage 'New Jersey' motorcycle photos or scanned images of original New Jersey MC related stuff and would like to add it to the site, I'd sure welcome it. Your name will be credited under your contribution. Also be sure to add a pic of your everyday vintage 'Daily Rider.'

Right now I've set the group up as Non-Public viewing to keep it more a group membership type thing. I'd rather try to keep it a close group of vintage motorcycle nuts and not so much a bunch of NUTS out there who think their early Evo Harley qualifies as a vintage bike. So if you sign up for the group let me know who you are so I can approve you right away.

Also, post an intro Message when you get in the group so eveyone knows you and maybe let me know how the web-site looks on your end and if your having any problem posting, etc.

Oh yeah, check out the original photo negative from my collection that I scanned and am using for the front web page. I call it 'The Cross Roads'

Thanks, Hrdly
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hrdly-Dangrs; 12-22-2008, 12:35 AM.

Well, I'm up to 116 vintage photos and scans as of this posting. Tomorrow night I'll add another 50 or more photos and scans of vintage NJ motormobilia.

If you sign on the group. Click onto the individual Albums and hit the 'slideshow'. Yeah, I know, Low tech like the old Pong video game. Also, post a message and let me know what you think so I can adjust and add stuff along the way. So far its just me on there talking to myself...not like that's anything unusual for me. Ha, Ha.

Looks like Cabin fever is setting in early this year.

Later, Hrdly

Comment

Got a 132 photos and images and growing. I'm a little behind on loading images..Holidays stuff. Will put some more on tomorrow. Hrdly
      Last edited by Hrdly-Dangrs; 12-24-2008, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Good stuff. If you ever want, we would be happy to create a special dedicated section for you over at www.caimag.com.

Thanks for sharing.
        Buzz Kanter
        Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
        [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
        [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Thanks Buzz.

Right now I'm busy adding all the vintage NJ photos and stuff I have now and hope others joining the group will add to it also as it grows. That's the main idea. Sharing NJ vintage motorcycling memories and stories.

I just set up the Membership Number system/file. All members signing up can choose from the available four digit numbers 0014-9999. So if they have a NJ Historical Plate, they can use that number as their membership Number. Or perhaps they may want the year of their bike, or birth mo/year or whatever. If the numbers not taken, they can have it.

I'm also working on the design for the first NJHMCS membership cards. They'll be similar to the AMCA plastic type. The background of the card will be likely be taken from one of my vintage New Jersey motorcycle photos. I've already set-up an account with an ID card company under NJHMCS to produce the cards for me when I'm ready.

Especially like to see the New Jersey guys sign up and join the NJHMCS. No pressure, No dues, No obligations, just the sharing of early New Jersey motorcycling info, pics, literature, etc.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/NJHMCS/

Its all about Vintage NEW JERSEY 'KICK-START ERA' Motorcycles 1979 and earlier. So come on over and help build the NJHMCS. Thanks, Hrdly
          Last edited by Hrdly-Dangrs; 01-05-2009, 12:54 AM.

Comment

You probably have this one already Hrdly, but I figured I'd post it and see. I was searching the big 'ol web and stumbled on this. The caption read "Officer John Ferry on motorcycle duty in front of Camden Wallpaper Co. at 30 Market Street, 1937"
            Attached Files
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Hey, Thanks Cory for the pic. No I don't have that one, but now I do. I'll post it on the NJHMCS under the NJ Motorcycle Police photo album and credit you with the pic.

This is the stuff I'm looking to get the guys to submit. Anything vintage NJ motorcycling.
              Where did you find that on the web...was it a Township type historical site or an individual's site? If you find anything else, please send my way. Thanks again. Hrdly

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
              You probably have this one already Hrdly, but I figured I'd post it and see. I was searching the big 'ol web and stumbled on this. The caption read "Officer John Ferry on motorcycle duty in front of Camden Wallpaper Co. at 30 Market Street, 1937"

Comment

Can I join NJHMS without getting a YAHOO account? I do not have one and would rather not have a extra email acct. Thanks Guys

Comment

Originally posted by SPUTNIK View Post
                  Can I join NJHMS without getting a YAHOO account? I do not have one and would rather not have a extra email acct. Thanks Guys
                  Same here, been holding off because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by HD48FL View Post
                    I joined & I have aol all my emails com to my AOl address, I didn't have a problem.
                    Just join & enjoy the site It is really a nice place to look around.
                    Oz

Comment

Sure, no problem.

I'm using the 'free' Yahoo Group to load up the information and pics I've collected over the years and form the beginning basis of the NJHMCS itself.

I have the NJHMCS group set up so only members can sign in and view and post pics and messages. The only thing the public can see on the group page is the NJHMCS Title page and the 'Calendar of Events', that's it. Of course you would have to sign up on the yahoo to access the group.

I can set you up with a membership number...(let me know what number you'd like to have from 0014-9999 and if its available I'll assign that number to you. Just need your real First and Last Name (that'll be on the membership card) and State, if in NJ, specify north, central or south. AMCA forum user name so I know who I'm talking to.

I'll be posting here on AMCA now and then to update the NJHMCS goings on, but if you don't elect to sign up for the Yahoo group you won't be able to see anything right now. Hrdly

Comment

Here's a smaple of the NJHMCS membership cards for 2009-10 that I'm working on.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/21331076

The cards will be similar to our AMCA cards now. Hrdly

Comment

Hey Oz, I have a bunch more pics and literature to put on the site. Will try to add another 25 items at least tonight. I'll add Cory's pic right away. Hrdly

Originally posted by 45OZ View Post
                          I joined & I have aol all my emails com to my AOl address, I didn't have a problem.
                          Just join & enjoy the site It is really a nice place to look around.
                          Oz

Comment

Yes, e'mail me. See post #11 above. Hrdly

Originally posted by SPUTNIK View Post

Comment

Yes, e'mail me. See post #11 above. Hrdly

Originally posted by HD48FL View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X