Brass AMCA badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass AMCA badges

Does anyone on here know where I can get some of those cast amca pendents. I saw some in Davenport this year, but I don't know who had them. Thanks for all of your help.
    A.M.C.A. Board Member

www.oldbikesinsd.blogspot.com

www.pre1916scramble.blogspot.com

Hey Matt......I've seen a couple on e-bay lately. They seem to go fairly expensive as most things a guy seems to want does.........
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Matt
      check with Geoff, and see if there are any left in inventory. they were originally sold by the club
      Kevin Valentine 13
      EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Howdy Mathew,

If you mean the attached, the chap who cast these originally back in the day (can't verify) sells them out of a contractor's bucket every year at Eustis for $5 or so apiece raw for your finishing entertainment.

They are in different color variants of brass based on the allow mixes he was experimenting with at the time and either not tapped/drilled over tapped and too lightly threaded (1/4 x 28), but roughed up will easily hold a stud affixed with JBWeld or similar.

He's a regular there, maybe someone here'll recall his name on this board, if not, pm me and I can pick up a pile for you. I've bought over a dozen through the years and have mounted them on everything except my weed eater.
        Attached Files
        Cheerio,
        Peter
        1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

I think he sold out last year.

Comment

Originally posted by PRG View Post
            Howdy Mathew,

If you mean the attached, the chap who cast these originally back in the day (can't verify) sells them out of a contractor's bucket every year at Eustis for $5 or so apiece raw for your finishing entertainment.

They are in different color variants of brass based on the allow mixes he was experimenting with at the time and either not tapped/drilled over tapped and too lightly threaded (1/4 x 28), but roughed up will easily hold a stud affixed with JBWeld or similar.

He's a regular there, maybe someone here'll recall his name on this board, if not, pm me and I can pick up a pile for you. I've bought over a dozen through the years and have mounted them on everything except my weed eater.
            I thought that thing in the picture was your weed eater....

Comment

Now see, something like that badge, made available thru the AMCA would be a real treasure. Especially if it could be engraved with the members AMCA number. I would buy one. Hrdly

Comment

I'll second that Hrdly ! Paps

Comment

Working...
                X