Stamp Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamp Art

Just recieved an early Birthday/X-mas present from our Seattle friends. They are not bike people (perhaps the only friends who aren't) but take great joy in finding anything Indian for us in thier travals. Well, this time they take the cake.
    It's a framed & mounted, 3-D of the '40 Indian 4our postage stamp! It looks like they cut the bike from a stamp, then mounted it above a background stamp. It's called Precision Stamp Carving, and it's by a Jacqaue Plante. It is stunning!
    I know nothing about this process, or about who or how it's done, but I do know that any gear head would certainly appreciate one. There's an email of stamper1@mail.com and a tele; 509-928-5181 on this signed art work.
    I missed out on seeing the real bike at the Hershey Museum this year. But this is probably the next best thing.
    RF.

I too was curious

Yes The 1965 FLH and Panhead Chopper (just two of what George Tsunis has on display of many) at the Hershey Museum both had their respective stamp print picture above themselves as well. That caught my eye too and am curious of the printing. I'd like another Motorcycle Print for my home like there isn't enough already LOL with the Electra-Glide Stamp. Merlin in Pa.

Comment

Cycle Stamps available

The Yankee Chapter has these stamps available in sets. Last year at Rhinbeck we sold them with a special cancellation by the Rhinebeck postmaster who came and sat at our table. We're going to be doing it again in '09. If you want the plain stamps we have some left. We were able to buy all the available stamps through a post office connection...
      DanMargolien@yahoo.com[/email]
      Director, Yankee Chapter
      Dan Margolien
      Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
      Www.yankeechapter.org
      Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
      X