What is this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this

Some one posted this on georges antique motorcycle I know some one here can help this guy out
    Last edited by jmanjeff; 12-14-2008, 02:51 PM.
    Jeff Bowles
    Arkansas
    Membership # 14023
    1957 Sportster

It's Eddie Munster on a motorcycle.

Comment

No Fair. Thats what I was going to say. LOL
      ------------
      Steve
      AMCA #7300

Comment

funny guys no one know what the bike is
        Jeff Bowles
        Arkansas
        Membership # 14023
        1957 Sportster

Comment

It's an awesome photo, and I regret that I haven't a clue,... But I really wonder why he has two different shoes on.
          (The Mennonite ladies in my region wear ones like he has on his left foot.)

...Cotten
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

One shoe for balancing. One shoe for brakes.

Comment

I'm going to go way out on a limb. I think it's a home built bike from a few makes. The frame and tank looks like an Indian light weight from about 1910, with a section job on the tank. It looks like a Yale was a major donor to this project. I think the fork is a Yale fork with a truss added and a spring arrangement that was probably inspired by a Sager attachment. The handlebars look like early Yale bars which would logically fit the fork. Also, the rear stand is very similar to a Yale stand. I think the motor is Yale too. I would imagine that building bikes like this was not uncommon in the early days. People were less wasteful and much more resourceful, and without the disraction of the boob tube, projects like this were entertainment.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

I believe his shoes are the classic hob nail boot. Very stiff leather and made to last.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

This is the legendary ShoeBooty model produced by Florsheim Manufacturing for advertisement. They also built a hillclimber.
                  William McClean
                  AMCA # 60

Comment

Seems to have a drive chain on each side of the rear wheel?

Comment

The chain on the right side of the motorcycle is the pedal start assembly. The chain on the left would go to a jack shaft which may have the clutch, or it has a motor clutch mounted directly to the sprocket shaft. Or, it may not have a clutch and you have to stop the motor when you stop the bike which is real early motorcycle technology and quite outdated by the time this bike was running around.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                      X