Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona Auction - Is Back On

Howdy Chaps,

The party's back on, Bator Int'l has taken over the mgmt side with Jerry handling auction duties and swap meet will be out back as usual.
    Cheerio,
    Peter
    1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

I'm glad to hear that. That was always our last stop during speed week and our last chance to see a few old friends.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

well I will be waiting to hear how it goes,things that are off then on usually dont do as good as they could,Best of LUCK to them !!

Comment

Howdy Chaps,

Got to agree with you Inline but as this and the only other one of his - Barber Museum - I've attended have had sort of a "working man's" auction kind of under current compared the extreme highs/splash of the Barret Jackson type events and it's attendant equally dramatic lows (muscle cars in 08), imagine if may be off by not disasterously. Most consignors willing to run their pieces through this one have a solid trendable 22 year track record to conclude whether it's worth the "risk" if that's the appropriate term. It reflects in those consignments, the occasional Shadow, provenanced race bike, etc.. but more often solid middle road what-you-see-is-what-you-get machinery canted towards the European/English side of the board.

It's what surrounds this auction that makes it the bright spot for classic m/c enthusiasts these days at Bike Week where you've seen a declining number of old machinery just riding around over the last decade. It's become THE vintage event, nice shaded setting, small town and a congregating point for row upon row of old/unusual machines ridden in to Stetson that you'll see nowhere else accept possibly at the track Monday, Indian Breakfast or Doc's.

Wish the best for the auction - maybe the arrival of some West Coast glamour will raise the bar on that...and relieve Jerry of the admin burden so he can focus on his road racing (and not crash) till it's time to step up to the podium - but what I'm looking forward to is possibly more peripheral vintage activities. This is the perfect stage for that and would have been the biggest loss if gone.
        Cheerio,
        Peter
        1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Working...
        X