A Big Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Big Thanks

Sorry to bring this up again Kevin but………….

Thanks to Michael Paquette for discovering and alerting us all to some shady dealings on e-bay. This is the kind of heads up information that protects many of us novice’s like myself from being totally scammed by the more knowledgeable folks involved in this hobby.

In the ten years I’ve been involved with these old machines I have had my share of being taken advantage of when purchasing parts that where claimed to be original when in fact, they where not. So it does my heart good when someone who is being deceitful is exposed.

Anyway, Thanks again Michael, from all us small guys.
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Steve--I am one of the "little guys" too, a one man shop. This eBay seller sent me a nasty e-mail this morning and I discovered another of his eBay ID's is Warsham-Castle!!!!! I fear that folks will start thinking that that is me Worsham Castle. I don't know how many other Id's he uses but if the location is Matthews, NC, RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! This is one case in point that this latest "Patina" fad can go too far, but then I should have known that no one needs 20 or so old looking seats. Cory--All this guy knows about glycerine and jewels he learned from me and the alligator seat is one that I made from scratch and it is beautiful.

Originally posted by Ohio-Rider View Post
    Sorry to bring this up again Kevin but………….

Thanks to Michael Paquette for discovering and alerting us all to some shady dealings on e-bay. This is the kind of heads up information that protects many of us novice’s like myself from being totally scammed by the more knowledgeable folks involved in this hobby.

In the ten years I’ve been involved with these old machines I have had my share of being taken advantage of when purchasing parts that where claimed to be original when in fact, they where not. So it does my heart good when someone who is being deceitful is exposed.

Anyway, Thanks again Michael, from all us small guys.

Comment

I suggest you contact ebay Michael. Inform them of the situation and why you believe he is using a very simuliar identification, very simuliar to yours. I can definately see your concerns with that ebay username. Why does he have several user names ? Ebay should ask that question as well. Paps

Comment

Steve
        do not apoligize for posting that, Michael performed a great service to the members by bringing this forward. I just closed it before it turned nasty.
        I also moved the thread to "Vendors Rated" so it will be easy for people to find
        Kevin Valentine 13
        EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Steve
          It was a good post and it helps the others you posted all the info needed , it is the post that come after that do not help that is why it should be closed after the first post .
          Some say closing the post is "That is very narrow minded thing to do. How are views supposed to be made and facts learned"
          you posted the facts and if some one needs more info they can PM the member that started the Thread . As for the views supposed to be made how dos that help , for example the ones made in eBay Shyster
          after you get some many post it a thread of this type all of a sudden it turns in to a pissing war or it gets so far off from the original post all turns in to BS.
          If the one that startes the post puts all the info in the post as Steve did , You learn you know the facts if you need to know more PM or email the one that stated the post they can tell you more if need be.

you can flame me on this if you need,it is just my take on this
          Jeff Bowles
          Arkansas
          Membership # 14023
          1957 Sportster

Comment

It makes sense to close a thread if it gets nasty, but if there is just a discussion and a comparison of notes, then I think people should be able to have input. If emotions are left out of such topics, then things usually run pretty smooth. By all means if you have slanderous comments on the subject then go right ahead and do the private message thing!! Just my two cents..........
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

I wanted to provide a little more info. I bought a pair of 40 - 46 tank badges from him that he stated, in an email response to my questions, were NOS, but had been exposed to some unknown discoloring agent. The faces looked restorable, so I bid and won. It turns out that the badges are repop and aren't worth putting any money into. I have sent him an email, but haven't heard back yet ... Based on this additional info, I will now pursue this directly with Ebay. Now I know why he only takes money orders or cashiers checks. If I had not had the info in this thread, I would've waited more patiently, and maybe been scammed further. Thanks to all ... especially you, Michael, and Kevin for allowing the post/thread.
              Vic Ephrem
              AMCA #2590

Comment

Originally posted by 40 Nuck View Post
                I wanted to provide a little more info. I bought a pair of 40 - 46 tank badges from him that he stated, in an email response to my questions, were NOS, but had been exposed to some unknown discoloring agent. The faces looked restorable, so I bid and won. It turns out that the badges are repop and aren't worth putting any money into. I have sent him an email, but haven't heard back yet ... Based on this additional info, I will now pursue this directly with Ebay. Now I know why he only takes money orders or cashiers checks. If I had not had the info in this thread, I would've waited more patiently, and maybe been scammed further. Thanks to all ... especially you, Michael, and Kevin for allowing the post/thread.
                That is one of the reasons that eBay is only accepting electronic payments now. If something isn't right they can retrieve the $.
                Be sure to visit;
                http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

maybe we need an EBAY fourm. with a quick look at this or this isn't right . something outside of EBAYs' rose colored glasses.they only return a percentage of the amount up to a certain amount(5000$) i belive not real sure of amounts try to get an answer from them
                  rob ronky #10507
                  www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

If this guys is selling repops and faked old stuff as original, it is no different than selling knockoff Rolexes and Gucci leather as real. eBay will remove the person from listing if complaints are received for mis-represented merchandise. A woman I know was selling knockoffs purses as real and they bounced her crooked butt off the site twice. So she used her daughter's sign-on and they bounced her as well. Based on that experience, I don't think you need many complaints to get your account removed by eBay.

So, if you are sure about this guy, complain to eBay and they will ban him. Then just keep an eye out for his stuff to reappear under a new name and complain to eBay again. Maybe somebody should buy something and pick it up at his place. Take his picture holding your purchase. Then tell him to stuff it and post his pic on the forum for all to see. He could be a big feller so you might want to bring a friend, your dog or in certain cases, your wife.

Most legit dealers will accept PayPal. If they don't, always be suspicious.
                    Regards,
                    Rob Sigond
                    AMCA # 1811

Comment

He offered me an 80% refund, which given the circumstances, I'll take ... the parts are worthless. I'm generally happy with ebay, and usually steer away from non-electronic transactions for this reason.
                      Vic Ephrem
                      AMCA #2590

Comment

He should have offered you a 100% refund and paid shipping both ways. Any paypal fees should have been included. My Ole lady does. She doesn't make to many mistakes in her auction listings but if she does....she backs her screw ups 100%. Paps

Comment

Working...
                        X