indian 12v generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indian 12v generator

i am trying to get ahold of jim dingess.jsd75@bellsouth does not work.your help appretiated.jim kobel.also .anyone have experience with the one from v twin?

Jim!

I seem to remember from the VI List that Jim D. used an auto alternator to support his Tom Fusco electric start, but my memory fades.....

If you want authentic hardware, or your original assembly converted to 12v, you should go straight to the premier source for Autolite restoration and conversions: indianfrank@yahoo.com

If you opt for the Cycle Electric "custom" conversion of the H-D generator design, please be aware that they make a standard unit without the incredibly ugly end-mount regulator that interferes with Chummee springs. CE's separate regulator is easily hidden elsewhere.

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 11-14-2008, 08:05 AM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

cotten. i wish i would have read your reply earlier.the c.e.regulator is real ugly and hits the chummy spring.hopefully the tom fusco starter works out better.any ideas on how to install a dummy kicker? jim

Comment

Jim Try Cotten or Haynes. They both like to kick dummies!
        Mike

Comment

Jim!

Have you asked your vendor for an exchange?

I have heard nothing but good about both the Fusco starter as well as the Christian Timmerman variation that retains a kicker, although I have no personal experience with either.

Back to generators, it is always best to spend your money only once.
          In light of the cold fact that authenticity best preserves your investment, IndianFrank's Autolite conversions surpass the rest.

....Cotten
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
          X