HELP Need Info On Paul Pierce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP Need Info On Paul Pierce

I know that Paul Pierce was an active member of the AMCA for many years, so I have to believe there are a number of his friends here (and hopefully on-line).

I am researching one of his bikes and am in need of any and all information I can get on Paul, his motorcycles, his race history and anything else you can tell me about Paul in general.

Specifically I am curious about his dual carb Indian hillclimber. When did he build it, when did he race it and for how long? Any major races or wins? Anyone here know the bike, work on it or race it?

All leads and info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Buzz Kanter
    Indianbuzz@aol.com
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

He is mentioned op p.59 of Antique Motorcycle Club: Fifty Years of Fun!
    by Antique Motorcycle Club of America, Published by Turner Publishing Company, 2005 ISBN 1563119986.
    This by googling. ...bill in oregon
    Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Buzz, are you thinking of the Paul Pearce from Fresno, California, that owned the Clymer Munch Scout? I never heard of him hill climbing. About 20 years ago, I looked at his collection of the world's most offbeat production motorcycles. He liked bikes made in China, Russia, Hungary, Bulgaria, etc., and a Clymer model or two.
      Jerry Hatfield

Comment

Not positive of the spelling of his name - could be Pearce but think it is Pierce. I believ he was Sam Pierce's cousin and I believe he lived in Michigan.

Thanks for all leads.
        Buzz Kanter

Comment

It WAS Paul Pearce, if you mean the ol' Indian guy. For years he showed his little restored Indian singles at the AMCA meets, where I met him.
          Gerry Lyons #607
          http://www.37ul.com/
          http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

Paul Pearce from Pontiac Michigan was the president of the "All American Indian Club" Attached a picture of volume 1 #1 issue , July 1971. The west coast Clymer/Munch maniac was a different kettle of fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
              Paul Pearce from Pontiac Michigan was the president of the "All American Indian Club" Attached a picture of volume 1 #1 issue , July 1971. The west coast Clymer/Munch maniac was a different kettle of fish.
              Yes Barry, I believe that was the man. Does anyone have any info about him or his exploits in hillclimbing his 1924 dual carb Scout?
              Last edited by Buzz Kanter; 11-06-2008, 07:54 AM.
              Buzz Kanter

Comment

Paul Pearce

Paul's wife Marie still lives in Oxford, Mighigan. I believe the family still has a couple of Paul's bikes. They have many pictures and movies of Paul's motorcycle adventures going back to the late 20'. I am sure she would be happy to share any information you require. Tom Wilcock AMCA # 381

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Wilcock View Post
                  Paul's wife Marie still lives in Oxford, Mighigan. I believe the family still has a couple of Paul's bikes. They have many pictures and movies of Paul's motorcycle adventures going back to the late 20'. I am sure she would be happy to share any information you require. Tom Wilcock AMCA # 381
                  Thanks Tom.

Can you PM me the contact info.
                  Buzz Kanter

Comment

Paul Pierce

I was fortunate enough to visit Paul & his family back in the '80s, with Wild Billy Doyle as my tour guide. Paul was still huge in the All American Indian Club then, and had what I think was the most complete collection of ANY & ALL Indian literature there ever was. I remember being intreged by a Rome, Italy add I had seen during my Euro travals, and damn if Paul didn't have a copy of it. It was from '14!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Anyway, I took lots of photos of his collection, and I don't remember seeing any form of Hill climber there. A Sport Scout flat tracker, which he promptly fired up for us, was the only competition machine he had at the time.
                    RF.

Comment

Fred that flat tracker I do believe went to one Jim Doustou and it is now held by a collector in Maine

Comment

Working...
                      X