Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum update

Hi everybody
    I am finally home(for now). retirement is tough but somebody has to do it!
    now for a little triva: since the first of this month, we have had over 120 requests to join the forum, only 4 were members.

some of you have offered to help, if you would email me at
    amcajudge@optonline.net and let me know what section you could watch daily, and let me know about questionable posts we can act on them before they get out of hand.
    I also plan on putting repeat offenders on notice and if necessary suspend them for a short time. I would hate to have to do that, BUT I will if required
    Kevin Valentine 13
    EX-Chief Judge

I know we had to turn of registration at one of the forums i mod at just because of the fake sign ups.
    Last edited by jmanjeff; 10-14-2008, 10:31 PM. Reason: fingers can't spell
    Jeff Bowles
    Arkansas
    Membership # 14023
    1957 Sportster

Comment

Congratulations on the retirement Kevin. I hope to get my chance at that some day.
      Well I can't blame folks for stopping by here and looking around. Lots of knowledge is shared here.

Kevin, Anyway of telling how many of those 120 new hits where legitimate?, as versus spam?

Also, I'm wondering whether our PM service is working correctly here? Have you check yours this month?
      ------------
      Steve
      AMCA #7300

Comment

Steve
        we are now approaching 150 requests, out of all of them 5 are members the rest are spammers.
        the PM is working

Originally posted by Ohio-Rider View Post
        Congratulations on the retirement Kevin. I hope to get my chance at that some day.
        Well I can't blame folks for stopping by here and looking around. Lots of knowledge is shared here.

Kevin, Anyway of telling how many of those 120 new hits where legitimate?, as versus spam?

Also, I'm wondering whether our PM service is working correctly here? Have you check yours this month?
        Kevin Valentine 13
        EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Wow... Not one potential "new" member. Amazing!
          And I’m honestly not being sarcastic.
          ------------
          Steve
          AMCA #7300

Comment

That will remain that way for a little while yet, Kevin. Once you ban the I.P.'s and user names, of those spammers, they will give up. I know this first hand....That is what I had to go through, before I eliminated them. I can honestly say, after enrolement of more than 270 new members, I have only had two spam attempts. Before ??? 100 spammers to 1 legit, were the odds. Paps

Comment

Steve
              we did get 5 new "real members"
              Kevin Valentine 13
              EX-Chief Judge

Comment

good work guys, most of our users have no idea how bad this spam problem is. on the user level it is a drop in the bucket compared to trying to run a forum. keep up the good work as it seems to be working!

Comment

Working...
                X