One Pretty Indian!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Pretty Indian!

I was just admiring the Indian on the cover of the latest issue of "The Antique Motorcycle" club mag.

What a pretty bike!

I'd have to guess the exact year without consulting a book, but would say maybe 1936? From that angle that Indian looks a lot like another certain 1936 model from a rival make that is another stunner.

Those 30's bikes "got everything" (Hap) in the looks department, don't they?
    Herbert Wagner
    AMCA 4634
    =======
    The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

They have everything alright.
    The mid thirties & early forties were the pinnacle of design, in my opinion. The designers
    had no wind tunnels to study aerodynamics, so they used their artistic imagination. The cars, trucks, & of course motorcycles of that period looked as though they were at speed standing still. We all know, to fully appreciate the design is to be at speed.
    It's going to be a beautiful autumn & winters not far away, let's ride!
    Bob
    Bob

Comment

Boy! You really opened a can of worms Herb. Speaking for myself, and I'll repeat, speaking for myself, I will always cross the street to look at a pioneer, teens or 20's vintage bike. H-D, Indian, Excelsior, Henderson, R-S, Ace, etc. etc. They were all better looking than anything made in the 30's and 40's. Everything after 1929 looks like a modern motorcycle to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

It is either a 38 or 39.

Comment

Ive never seen an Indian that does not have sex appeal!!!!

Comment

INLINE4NUT..... Your not being bias, are you? LOL
            ------------
            Steve
            AMCA #7300

Comment

Originally posted by INLINE4NUT View Post
              Ive never seen an Indian that does not have sex appeal!!!!
              Iron Eyes Cody? Chief Dan George?
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I agree with Herb, the late thirties Harley davidson and Indian motorcycles are the most appealing to my eye. When I'm fooling around with my 39 Chief up close, it looks to be crude and plain, but step back 15 feet and it all comes together, looking sleek and fast. AMCA member Gary Owens ( I hope I got the name right) presented a 39 Chief for judging at Wauseon in 2007 and I couldn't take my eyes off it.
                Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Seen the topic and thought you guys were talking about Pocahontas. Paps

Comment

The Original Native - American Hottie !!

Comment

Working...
                    X