Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changes to the forum

NOTICE:
    in an attempt to stop spammers on our forum, I have asked for and been given permission to verify any new users to the forum. from now on, to get on I check the AMCA number to be sure the person is actually a member of the club. if they are not, they are banned. hopefully this will stop any future spammers. now all I have to do is catch anybody that already is registered but not a member.
    NOW let's get back to what this forum was designed for, sharing knowledge, ideas and freindship.
    Kevin Valentine 13
    EX-Chief Judge

Now that's the best news I've heard all day!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Now that's a tool ! Ban both username and IP. Paps

Comment

Way to go, Kevin.

I know I speak for others who appreciate your "oversight" of this forum. Of all the Nat'l board members, you appear most frequently on the forum (as does Pete Gagan and Geoff Ringle), taking the time to get involved. Others may think that no one of consequence uses this forum for anything other than BS, but I enjoy stopping by daily (as do others) and I know that I have made contacts and gained knowledge thru this forum.

I have learned a ton of info on the Harley IOE models and the early extinct brands via this forum, really enjoying the photos and commentary.

Keep up the good work.

Lonnie C.
        Lonnie Campbell #9908
        South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lonnie View Post
          Way to go, Kevin.

I know I speak for others who appreciate your "oversight" of this forum. Of all the Nat'l board members, you appear most frequently on the forum (as does Pete Gagan and Geoff Ringle), taking the time to get involved. Others may think that no one of consequence uses this forum for anything other than BS, but I enjoy stopping by daily (as do others) and I know that I have made contacts and gained knowledge thru this forum.

I have learned a ton of info on the Harley IOE models and the early extinct brands via this forum, really enjoying the photos and commentary.

Keep up the good work.

Lonnie C.

I agree with you on this. Kevin say hi to Rocky for us since he probably won't see this.
          #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Kevin that’s great news

You could get rid of hundreds of non members registered on this site if you ban any body using number 1 as there membership number (except the president).

Its good to see that you have reinstated the members list that had been disabled,
            we can help you identify non members.

Pete Reeves 860

Comment

Thank you VERY much, Kevin. Much appreciated !!!
              Vic Ephrem
              AMCA #2590

Comment

changes to the forum

Pete
                if anybody knows an identity that is not a member, notify me and I will handle it
                Kevin Valentine 13
                EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Thanks Kev!
                  AMCA #3149
                  http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Kevin I am glad to see you are on top of this problem !! Thanks for your effort !!!

Comment

changes to the forum

okay everybody!
                      now I need a favor, to help get rid of spammers etc, if you all would click on "User CP" in the upper left corner and then click "Edit Profile" on the left side and make sure your AMCA number is in there. I can then check to make sure the person is who they claim to be. this will REALLY help me with this job. nobody else will be able to view your personal information
                      thanks in advance
                      Kevin Valentine 13
                      EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Yep it is there and in my sig
                        Jeff Bowles
                        Arkansas
                        Membership # 14023
                        1957 Sportster

Comment

Mine wasn't there but it is now. Paps

Comment

I just updated mine...... thanks for your help kev!!!
                            CHIEFJ48
                            MEMBER #2786

TO THE WORLD YOU MAY BE ONE PERSON, BUT TO ONE PERSON YOU MAY BE THE WORLD.

LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY

Comment

I put my number in too,thanks for taking on this responsiablity

Comment

Working...
                              X