what year is this teens indian? for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what year is this teens indian? for sale

i dont know much about these sprung frame jobs.does anyone know what year this chassis is? the motor is a 1912,but the rest is later i think.i want 20k or 15 without the motor. jurassicracing@rushmore.com
    www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Could it be ..........1912 as it is painted on the side?

It's just a wild guess on my part.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

hi buzz,i had some time tonight to look thru some of my books,and it looks like the first kick starter for indian was in 1915,this has a kick starter ,and most everything on the bike looks like the 1915 twin that is pictured in the book i have. the 15 was the last hedstrom type engine.i guess at some point someone put this 12 engine into it.also indian was using scheblers by 1915. i believe the 15 twin is kind of desirable,so if anyone has a 15 engine..........?

Comment

Well.......... it seems to me that somebody did a little monkeying around, but it looks to me that your twelve motor sits in a '14 or '15 frame. Interesting machine though......
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

what year?

Hi Lonnie,
          Sorry we missed you during the Road Run (we spent too much time at your dad's, and at the museum). Anyway, according to the shifter on the top tube of the frame, my vote is that this is a '14 frame. The '15s used a gate mounted on the side, not the very top like this one.
          All the best, RF.

Comment

indian

hey fred glad to see you on the forum,we need more board members here.thanks for the clarification on the frame.looks like an old time hodge podge.probably "restored" in the 60's or 70's .guess i could put drop bars on it and call it a T.T. ,but i'm sick of racers. maybe i'll bury it out in the black hills,and hand out coded treasure maps at next years road run.bring your shovels.

Comment

As far as shovels I got one of those you can bury back there too.
              Mike

Comment

The Cradle Spring Frame was introduced on the 1913 models. The first Indian kick-starter was a left-side forward-stroke starter on the 1912 and 1913 T.T. Models, and on two other 1914 models. The first rear-stroke kick-starter, also on the left side, was on the 1915 models. I don't see evidence of either style of kick-starter on this motorcycle.
                Jerry Hatfield

Comment

I take it back. I finally see the left-side starter pedal of a 1915 mechanism.
                  Jerry Hatfield

Comment

hodgy

sorry jerry ,i guess i could have shown you the other side.

Comment

Working...
                    X