Davenport show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davenport show

Well another great year at Davenport, found parts for the 26 peashooter,met a lot of cool people,had a good time,would like to thank the Blackhawk Chapter for a good show,and I would like to thank Steve Slocombe for mentoring me on the judgeing process,Thanks ! Steve. see you all next year!
    Ken S.- #6457
    Ken S., # 6457
    1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
    1954-H-D Panhead

I'll echo the thanks to Steve Slocombe, judging that 35 VL was more like a seminar than a lot of actual seminars I've attended, I should have taken more notes!

see anyone you recognize?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi all,
      who will be the first to post pictures of the Davenport 2008 meeting?
      Just can't wait for it!!!

Comment

if you like Big Twin flats Davenport was the place to be this year, if I'm not mistaken there were at least 5 1937 UL's entered for judging on Sunday morning.

Mike
        Attached Files

Comment

37ulh.....

missed davenport ..... anybody get any good pics of the 37's

Comment

davenport photo's

Hi Mike,
            Who snapped the photo of my best side?
            Ken S. #6457
            Ken S., # 6457
            1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
            1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

Ken,
              My wife took a bunch of photos while we were all trying to learn something from Steve, I'll post a few more in the morning. At first I thought one of those photos came out backwards somehow, but it looks like somebody had his AMCA Judge vest on backwards..... who could that be?

mike
              Last edited by schmittm; 09-03-2008, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Dear All, didn't we have fun! I'd like to thank Jim Lehane for allowing me and six VL experts masquerading as apprentices to use his bike for a judging seminar. Despite our best efforts, we were unable to prevent his fabulous 1935 verdant green and black VL from getting its well deserved senior award. Take it to Jefferson and try for Winners' Circle Jim.

OK, we took more than the recommended 25 minutes, but averaged out with Tom Payne's 1934 orlando orange and black VLD we were about there. Tom I think received his sixtieth Winners' Circle award for that crisply restored and well ridden machine, which I believe is a Club record. That's the way to do it - go through all the Mickey Mouse detailing to get over the 95 point hurdle, then you can ride it until it's down to 85 points before those pesky judges trouble you again.

Best regards.

Comment

spammers back!!!!!!

this guy wont give up!
                  Ken S., # 6457
                  1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
                  1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

That is because no one listens to me on how to beat his ass.

Comment

What I really like about a judged show is how much I learn about how my imperfectly restored motorcycle is supposed to look. That information is not particularly important to me, but it is nice to know. Boy, this year I learned a lot!
                      George Tinkham
                      Springfield, IL
                      www.virmc.com
                      AMCA # 1494
                      1941 Indian 841
                      1948 Indian Chief
                      1956 H-D KHK
                      1960 CH
                      1964 BMW R69S
                      1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
                      1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Comment

Working...
                      X