The latest AMCA Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G'day Eric and Cory.
    I'm certainly not complaining re the delivery time to Australia, when US members may still be waiting!
    Best wishes fellas.

Ken.
    Ken Kemp
    Nth Queensland
    AUSTRALIA
    Member # 8756

47 Chief
    2006 BMW K1200S
    Getting seriously interested in Vincent
    2010 Can Am Spyder RSS (The Wife made me do it!)
    SYM 125 Scooter

Comment

I am in Germany.....

And I still have not received mine..

And when I do receive them.....packaging is usually in tatters...

Humm??

George
      George Greer
      AMCA # 3370

Comment

Another vote for First Class mailing

I also vote for First Class mailing of the magazine.

Ours arrived yesterday, Saturday, September 20.

Hundreds of thousands of membership dollars spent for other
        things, but no consideration of improving the delivery of the
        primary member benefit - the magazine.

Comment

Slow delivery for so long

I agree, yes dues would go up a bit...everything else is. I also remember years back when the magazine was not covered when mailed and showed up in poor condition. I asked the mail carrier about it and he stated that that class of mail often was held until a day it could easily be delivered when normal 1st class mail was slow. We only get what we pay for I guess. Merlin in Pa.

Comment

I too received the mag on Saturday the 20th. And as some of you may recognize, I have brought this problem up a number of times to no avail. I must admit that even though I'm a chapter president, I don't know how to get the problem addressed by the national board. It seems that it needs to be brought up by one of the six or eight people that run this club in one of the national board meetings to be addressed. How do the members get something on the national agenda? Good question. We have the presidents meeting at Davenport every year, but the national sets the agenda and runs the meeting. And even if ALL the chapters approved something, it means nothing to the national. While we are reorganizing the club, I think it's time to get more people involved in the decision process. Maybe chapter approval on SOME of the topics? OK, off the soapbox. Anyone else have on opinion?

Louie Hale #3449
            Dixie Chapter
            Louie
            FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
            Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
            YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Hi Louie.
              I obviously can't help re US based meeting input, but as per George in Germany, my magazine is regularly damaged either by tears or water, due to the packaging. Many will know that I've asked for better packaging in the past, but have been dismissed by a previous senior club administrator.
              The lack of a waterproof envelope is my main issue.

Best wishes mate.

Ken.
              Ken Kemp
              Nth Queensland
              AUSTRALIA
              Member # 8756

47 Chief
              2006 BMW K1200S
              SYM 125 Scooter

Comment

Hi Ken... Thats strange, because mine has always arrived in a sealed clear plastic sleeve. I've never tested it to be water proof but it does appear to be. Perhaps there is another vintage motorcycle lover down at your local post office getting to your magazine before you. I'd go down there and give someone the fish eye. Hope you see it soon.
                ------------
                Steve
                AMCA #7300

Comment

It ceases to amaze me that after all this time, there are still many members that can't get their magazine delivered to them in a timely manner. With everything that's going on with this Club and costly expenditures for a trailer, museum, retainage of legal counsel, etc., it appears to me the Board seems to ignore something that's obviously a continuing problem and very frustrating to the paying members of this Club. If the Club can afford these things that are costing us a small fortune, surely it should be able to manage delivering the Club magazine on time to it's members. We all know that there are some Board Members that visit this site and read what's going on. It would be nice if one of them came onto this forum to tell us that this topic will be discussed at the next Board Meeting, and that someone will be going to bat for members of this Club. It seems to me that the members need to consider finding or electing a go-to guy who will directly address the Board when issues like this keep coming up.

Comment

Try buying something from the "for sell" section, by the time the magazine arrives.....stuff's loooonng gone.

So I am going to assume that my quest for knuck engine cases is a lost cause?

Even though I have renewed my membership for another year,

I may not do so again when this one runs out.
                    Last edited by George Greer; 09-22-2008, 09:37 PM. Reason: fed up
                    George Greer
                    AMCA # 3370

Comment

G'day Steve.
                      The AMCA mag publishers must send international copies via a different envelope. Mine comes in a white envelope. It's not normal paper, and may have some water resistant properties, but very poor if any.
                      You can't see what magazine is enclosed. Conversely, I seem to remember my American Iron magazine deliveries came in a plastic bag, so water damage was never an issue. I then went through puberty, and became an Indian fan
                      Any way, wish we had a plastic bag type cover. Hiding the content would be a bonus.

Best wishes mate.

Ken.
                      Ken Kemp
                      Nth Queensland
                      AUSTRALIA
                      Member # 8756

47 Chief
                      2006 BMW K1200S
                      SYM 125 Scooter

Comment

I work for a small company that publishes a rubberstamping hobby magazine. Our magazine is mailed out from the printers in another state; this is a service that most printers provide. We have some customers that have delivery problems so we mail those ourselves in different packaging from our office where I work. "The customer is always right." ...bill
                        Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

mine arrived 9-23

I live in Chicago, a major metropolitan area. Why does it take so long to get the magazine? Where is it coming from? China?
                          A. Bernhardt
                          AMCA# 9726

Comment

Yikes…. This thread is nearly a month old and some members have yet to receive their magazine.

I have a brother who has worked in the printing trade for more than 20yrs. and I asked him why he thought our club continues having these delivery problems with the magazine. His opinion is a simple one.

First: The magazine may be being printed at numerous locations across the country. Often a customer will request that the printer also be responsible for the mailing of the product after printing.

Second: First class print shops are very busy places. Getting behind schedule is not an uncommon situation.

So it’s possible that the magazines late arrival times to different area’s around the country or the world isn’t our clubs fault at all. Maybe someone else can explain it to us better. In the mean time, I’m done reading mine so if anyone who hasn’t gotten theirs yet wants it, let me know and I’ll send it to you for no charge
                            ------------
                            Steve
                            AMCA #7300

Comment

My copy arrived in Nth Queensland, Australia today. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive down here in Canberra.
                              My wife forwarded a package to me Wednesday last week, and after 8 days, I still haven't received it. Australia Post can be just as efficient as the US Post!

Best wishes fellas.

Ken.
                              Ken Kemp
                              Nth Queensland
                              AUSTRALIA
                              Member # 8756

47 Chief
                              2006 BMW K1200S
                              SYM 125 Scooter

Comment

Interesting point Steve. It makes sense, all one would have to do is check the return address on the envelope and compare with others. I think my copy may come from Minneapolis. Ken it's also interesting that I can mail a package to my uncle in Canberra and it usually only takes 2-3 weeks, unless it's the holiday season. Go figure.
                                Cory Othen
                                Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                                X