No announcement yet.

The latest AMCA Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I met up with two of my friends (and AMCA members) today at the Webster, Florida swap meet. We all got the latest club mag and exchanged opinions which were generally favorable. I was telling them that I had once posted a less than favorable comment here on the forum about an issue of the club magazine. You would have thought I spit on the bible.

I agree with 62Pan that it is a bit commercial looking, especially the full page Hagerty commercial and I think there are too many pictures of people. I want to see bikes! Otherwise, it's a good issue.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Got mine in Jersey City yesterday. Bob
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

At first I wondered a bit about the placing of the ads too......but I was happy to see a few more early machines than in past issues. I got my copy on Friday......... I loved the story on Rick Wolfe's machine. Hey found it under a barn......hmmmmm...and all this time I've only been looking in them!!!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
          I met up with two of my friends (and AMCA members) today at the Webster, Florida swap meet. We all got the latest club mag and exchanged opinions which were generally favorable. I was telling them that I had once posted a less than favorable comment here on the forum about an issue of the club magazine. You would have thought I spit on the bible.

I agree with 62Pan that it is a bit commercial looking, especially the full page Hagerty commercial and I think there are too many pictures of people. I want to see bikes! Otherwise, it's a good issue.
          The articles are good but I have to agree about the ads. I also thought they would show a picture of the "crowd" at the grand opening at the AACA museum. After all they said something about "hundreds."

Comment

When I first looked through the new magazine, I was impressed with the great job that the new guys did considering what they had to work with. I didn't even think about the ads, until somebody brought it up. I was kind of curious about other people's comments about the ads, so I counted them and I counted the ads in another copy that I have at my house. The old mag that I counted the ads in was from Spring 2008, and it had 90 ads in it, and the new issue has 60 ads in it. So I guess the comment about the new mag seeming too commercial doesn't have much validity. I wonder if they are placed differently, or if some people are just looking for something to complain about.
            A.M.C.A. Board Member

www.oldbikesinsd.blogspot.com

www.pre1916scramble.blogspot.com

Comment

My magazine arrived today 09/08/08. I don't even bother looking at the classifieds. In the past every time I called an ad they said "I sold that to some guy in the midwest or east coast last week".
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Chris.........

You think that is bad...............

I am in Germany..........try getting something out of the want ads from here.

George
                George Greer
                AMCA # 3370

Comment

Finally got mine!

My fall issue arrived this afternoon. Since I fear change, I wasn't sure I was going to take to any "new look" from my magazine. However, after thumbing thru it, it looks great. The changes I saw I liked. Keep up the good work.

Comment

I in New Jersey and still have not gotten mine

moose aka glenn
                    Moose
                    aka Glenn

Comment

moose aka glenn,No Wonder !!! Is NJ a State !!! (sorry had to do that !) Mine just got here yesterday! my feeling is when it gets here it gets here My hat goes off to the new Staff it was done very nicely,the ADs are a bit much but glad someone is helping to defray the cost!!! Thanks for putting out a quality product!

Comment

moose aka glenn,No Wonder !!! Is NJ a State !!! (sorry had to do that !) Mine just got here yesterday! my feeling is when it gets here it gets here My hat goes off to the new Staff it was done very nicely,the ADs are a bit much but glad someone is helping to defray the cost!!! Thanks for putting out a quality product!

Comment

I think it is a state a state of what I don't know. It is run by Comrad Corzine the exalted ruler of all that is......

moose
                          Moose
                          aka Glenn

Comment

Well...........

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                            My magazine arrived today 09/08/08. I don't even bother looking at the classifieds. In the past every time I called an ad they said "I sold that to some guy in the midwest or east coast last week".
                            I got mine also yesterday on the 8th. The few times I called on parts I was told a midwest or west coast buyer bought it.
                            aside from that I think the mag looks great and Matt is right there is less advertising.
                            Chuck
                            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

magazine adds

I find the magazine to actually flow much better now. The adds are located so as not to interrupt the articles. I especially like the new format of the want adds also. This magazine is top notch. Things are looking up!
                              RF.

Comment

This thread has me curious. Hopefully, my copy will arrive to VA, soon
                                and I can get a look. I always liked the mag.

But, I don't like the thought of less advertising, too much. Regardless of whatever
                                club coffers may hold, steady and happy advertisers make things hum.
                                I get the notion the editorial staff needs a steady platform

RAS
                                # 5844

Comment

Working...
                                X