First Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Bike

This wasn't my first bike but it was my first reliable, fun motorcycle. At the core of this knucklehead was a 1941 EL but as you can see, a lot of wrong year parts went into the mix. This picture was taken in the early '70s. As for the rider, I've added stuff and lost stuff but I'm still basically the same immature moron today.

Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Turn back time

Amazing that the M/C is still in that form yet being the 70's theme of long front ends and coffin tanks with King/Queen seats. Very nice ride. I see the sidecar fender light which I'm still trying somewhat to get one in good shape. There was a new in box yet complete with wiring and clips on ebay I missed out on with a $715. last second bid just 2 weeks ago...( I shoulda bid more LOL ) I too am missing alot uptop and added a few with a kid yet inside which is alright. Merlin in Pa.

Comment

I was looking for a thread from a few months ago that had first bikes and their owners. I couldn't find it so I started a new one. My first Harley was a '57 Pan chopper with a horse saddle for a seat. I pushed that bike more than I rode it so I have unpleasant memories of that motorcycle. Somewhere I have a picture of it so I'll have to post it when it turns up. The '41 in the picture came from a real dangerous guy. He was a drug dealer and a bonafide 1%'er but he was always decent with me. His story about the history of the bike was probably pure baloney but I believed it at the time and it sure clinched the sale. He claimed the original owner was killed on the bike shortly after buying it. The deceased man's father kept the bike in a barn for many years until the drug dealer's 1%'er brother bought it. This part of the story is true. The guy who bought it was murdered by a rival gang (as surmised by the police) so it went to the guy I got it from. Sorry, that's kind of hard to follow. Of coarse most of that story was B.S. because it's obvious the bike was built from parts. Regardless, it was a great motorcycle for me and I miss it terribly. I wonder where it is now ?
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Now that's one cool pic eric!!! It is amazing that the bike was in that form, correct or not, especially considering your sources. Thanks for sharing a shot of your past, you cool dude! Now you got me wonderin' where that bike is too!!! HA!HA!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

If we all would have known then what we know now we all would have kept them.

moose aka glenn
          Moose
          aka Glenn

Comment

Sidenote to Magic. I have one of those sidecar lights I've been hoarding for years as a spare. Interested. Give me a call 1 204 831 8165 and I'll send a picture.
            Ross

Comment

Wow, that stupid picture paid off. I hope you guys come to a meeting of the minds.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
              X