Larry Gee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Gee

Larry Gee was severely injured in a motorcycle accident Friday, 8/8, while riding and, we believe, tuning a friend's 1942 FL knucklehead. He has suffered head trauma, had surgery to remove a blood clot from his brain and is now in the neurosurgery intensive care unit at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, NC. In addition, he has a fractured skull, hairline fractures of the skull on both sides where the carotid arteries pass through, punctured lung, broken ribs and a fractured clavicle.

For those who don't know, Larry is one of the premier restorers of Harley-Davidsons, specializing in knuckleheads. He has done two for me and also two pans - the only two of the four I had judged made Junior First first try and are now Winners' Circle bikes. He has restored several dozen knucks and they are the "pick of the litter", many of which are Senior or Winners Circle bikes. He has been involved in the hobby for over 30 years and I know that he attended 27 consecutive of the now-Wauseon Ohio meets, missing his first one this year. To my knowledge he has never missed a Florida spring meet.

Please keep Larry in your thoughts and prayers.

I'll keep his friends posted on this site with further updates.

Thanks.
    Lonnie Campbell #9908
    South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Sad to hear Lonnie, my thoughts are with him, I hope everything works out alright.....
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

It's always sad to hear these things. Modern medicine is remarkable though so I'm sure he's getting the best care. Our thoughts and prayers will be with Larry.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
      X