Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever wonder what the CEO of Indian is doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever wonder what the CEO of Indian is doing?

In case you ever wondered what happened to the CEO of the California Motorcycle Company/Indian, here it is.
    http://sacramento.fbi.gov/dojpressre...8/sc071508.htm
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

I wonder if that story will help or hurt the sales of the (next?) North Carlolina Indian. By the way, has anyone heard what's going on with the latest incarnation of Indian ?
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

And Now For The Moment We've All Been Waiting For...
      By InMoBlog on 7/17/2008 4:25 PM

An enormous milestone was reached this week at the Indian Motorcycle plant when the first production vehicle rolled off the assembly line. The first bike to wear the Indian badge was a red and cream 2009 Chief Vintage, complete with windshield, tan leather seat and saddlebags. The bike was hand-built by a team of 6 craftsmen.

Building an Indian Motorcycle is an intricate yet rewarding process. Each bike is assembled by a team of master craftsmen. A signed certificate of craftsmanship accompanies every bike that comes off the line.

Being part of the team that is building America’s motorcycle is the greatest feeling in the world. Being there when the first bike came off the line was awe-inspiring. The 2009 Chief is truly a work of art.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Glenn; 08-05-2008, 10:59 AM. Reason: copied from htt
      Moose
      aka Glenn

Comment

Well, I'm gonna wish em good luck. I hope it will be a good bike. Unfortunately it will no doubt be priced out of my reach and many other enthusiast. Can't somebody build a nice retro looking v-twin with water cooling that has good suspension, seat, brakes and handling and won't cost an arm and a leg? No, a Buell doesn't do it for me. Something like a Ducati Monster that looks like K Model. Hell, while I'm dreaming make it a sport tourer too. Good for 500 mile days. And no vibration. Am I asking to much.

Dick Werner

Comment

Both the Hanlon Bros. the alleged criminals at CMC, and even the fashion conscious folks at H-D neglected to consult me. If they had, I would have suggested an inline 4 like a real Henderson or a real Indian. How dumb can you get ? Any number of American auto manufacturers are probably making a suitable aluminum 4 cyl. engine that could be jazzed up with some flashy touches like a chrome valve/cam cover, chrome headers, and the usual biker geegaws. The engineers could have used their time designing a bolt-on transmission and the designers could have spent a little more time to come up with a bike that actually looked good. Instead, Ex/Hen and CMC wasted their time and investors money on re-inventing the V-twin engine. As for H-D, I know there are people who like the V-rod, but I ain't one of them. An inline 4 would have been a stroke of brilliance in the motorcycle world and would have been very well received by the touring crowd.

Regardless, I would also wish the new Indian all the luck in the world.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

[QUOTE=exeric;68812]Both the Hanlon Bros. the alleged criminals at CMC,

Weren't the Hanlon Bros at Ex-Hen?
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

There should be a comma after the Hanlon Bros. thus seperating them from CMC and exonerating them of any legal wrong doing. I sincerely apologize for that stupid mistake.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Wish the new Indians good luck, admire their efforts, but think they missed again. Wish they would of made a v twin but light and some what sporty, like a 101 or the Sport Scouts. Indians were a performance machine once and could run with anyone. I think going bigger all the time is a mistake, also if no one can afford em?. Gone are the good ol days, think they will never ever be back for Indian. Lucky are those who have one from the old days !! An inline four would of been cool too! Wishful thinking, oh well.
                I told the Hanlow brothers the same thing, make it light and sporty like the original Super X, they did not listen to me either :-)

Comment

Although I wish the folks in NC well, I have to side with whoever stated “1901-1953 end of story”. The good Indian name has been kicked about like a leaky soccer ball through all sorts of wishful thinking and scams for the past 55 years so, regrettably, I approach any new reincarnation with a skeptical eye.

King

Comment

I owned a 53 Chief and have to agree it's over when it was over imho

moose

wish I still had it

oh well the 50 pan will have to do I'm not greedy
                    Moose
                    aka Glenn

Comment

Working...
                    X