Andy Anderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy Anderson/Warrick Racer

Warrick Racer information as told to me by the man that built it.. It was a homebuilt from parts that Andy had laying around.. A fantasy bike, so the story go's. Geo. Twine from Ct. built it for him.. And I believe Barbers Museum has it in their collection.
    And if I remember correctly, Andys' young ladies were always top heavy, boy could Andy pick'm!!! Rest in peace, as he is smiling, knowning he is being remembered-fyi-BPK!!

Comment

Thanks for the insight BPK!! A fantasy bike you say? Now that produces more questions. I've only seen the little photo that I posted of the machine, so I am wondering how much of the bike is actually Warwick? If the company, as far as I know only produced machines in 1903, then the production number if more than one bike was ever made was likely to be low. So given that, was there ever a racer originally made or was it conjured up by Andy or Geo.?
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Hellooooo Cory,
        Feel free to give Geo. a call, I believe his # is in the club roster.. I'm sure he wouldn't mind talking about the bike and Andy for that matter.. Geo. and Andy were buddies for many years back in the early days of the AMCA..

Comment

Andy Anderson

Nice thread, I enjoyed reading about this fellow.

Way to go, C.O., pretty work. This is the stuff of a decent article for the mag
          # 5844

Comment

Originally posted by rashd View Post
            Nice thread, I enjoyed reading about this fellow.

Way to go, C.O., pretty work. This is the stuff of a decent article for the mag
            Just a product of curiousity. It would definitely be interesting to find out more info. It's always nice to hear about the characters that are in this club!

BPK!! I'm horrible on telephones, but I'll definitely look him up. Thanks!!
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Here's a couple of photos that a dredged up from back issues of the club mag. I'm thinking ahead of time that they may be grainy............ He sure seemed to be a fixture at meets for quite a few years. His Indian was listed as an '02 and other times and '03. Doug Strange told me that Andy said it was an '02 because he said so! Ha!Ha!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by c.o.; 10-04-2008, 01:36 PM.
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Andy Anderson pics

I know it's been awhile since this thread was last posted on, but I found some old pictures I took of Andy at Davenport. The first two were around the late 80's. The third one was from the early 90's.
                Attached Files
                Bruce Keith
                AMCA #1467

Comment

Thanks Bruce!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

I've tried to make contact with George but haven't had any luck. If somebody runs into him and thinks to quiz him, it would be nice to hear a few Andy stories.
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

andys 02 and warwick

I knew Andy pretty good because we had the same interest,real old bikes, the warwick was made up to match is 03 indian and if you ask the right person he will tell you when andy built the indian, he was a great guy and is missed at the amc meets.i bet he had a room full of oldest bike plaques,he was always ready to talk about life, and was listed in the guinnis book of records for staying under water for a couple of days during pearl harbor, his job was finding guys that had gone down with the ships,He told me he lived on coffee sent down a tube for the time he was under water I have some photos some where of the first amc meet I went to (1979 they where very strict about keeping the noise down after 9:00 pm) the meet made a lasting impression on me every one was having a fun time.Red Adams (another deep sea diver I remember him locating for a sunken ship full of indians off the coast of mass) bought a 1924 2 cam racer for 100.00 what a bike
                      George Twine and his dad had a 1936 knuckle head in there pick up truck,Harbor Vintage was just a dream,I was looking for big twin flathead stuff, my first harley by the time it was completed I had almost enough to build another one

Comment

at the Empire meet in 1979 I bought a long stroke Norton Manx double knocker engine for $175 from Chip Parry. He got it from a scrap metal yard ! I transported it back to Canada on the alloy luggage rack of my 48 Chief. Took me days to straighten the rack.

Comment

Wait around long enough and the stories come out! Thanks for that shot into the past Bill! If anything else comes to mind. I know there are at least a few of us that are listening!

Barry, I still think should write a book! Cool story...
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by BPK!! View Post
                            Warrick Racer information as told to me by the man that built it.. It was a homebuilt from parts that Andy had laying around.. A fantasy bike, so the story go's. Geo. Twine from Ct. built it for him.. And I believe Barbers Museum has it in their collection.
                            And if I remember correctly, Andys' young ladies were always top heavy, boy could Andy pick'm!!! Rest in peace, as he is smiling, knowning he is being remembered-fyi-BPK!!
                            Strangely enough I was thumbing through the fall issue of The Antique Motorcycle and noticed that Andy's Warwick recieved a Junior Second in the Competition Class at Oley in '94. The trail has gone cold on this machine for now. If I ever get to Alabama, I'm going to have to search it out. Why am I bringing this thread back to the top? Pure curiousity!
                            Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                            X