*** Your Story Is Needed ! ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** Your Story Is Needed ! ***

Barn find motorcycle stories needed for an upcoming motorcycle publication. We are interested in sharing the adventures of finding a long forgotten old, rare, or interesting bike. Tell us how you discovered and recovered your special treasure. We are especially interested in any pictures of your find, particularly as you found it, and where you found it.

Please include pictures and a brief description of its restoration process. Please be very detailed and descriptive. If your story is chosen, your name will be mentioned in the publication and you will be notified.

Please email all stories and pictures to tgraytn@yahoo.com or mail them to:

T. Gray
    105F Stonebrook Place Suite 381
    Jackson, TN 38305

We will do our best to return you pictures to you, but cannot guarantee it. Therefore, please write your name and address on the back of them.
    Tom Gray

Be careful here people! If your photo is not copyrighted. The moment you send it to this guy he owns it and that includes your story. There is a cheap way to do this. Send it to your self certified mail and never open it. This deal is Full of S***. Bob
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by tgray View Post
      Barn find motorcycle stories needed for an upcoming motorcycle publication. We are interested in sharing the adventures of finding a long forgotten old, rare, or interesting bike. Tell us how you discovered and recovered your special treasure. We are especially interested in any pictures of your find, particularly as you found it, and where you found it.

Please include pictures and a brief description of its restoration process. Please be very detailed and descriptive. If your story is chosen, your name will be mentioned in the publication and you will be notified.

Please email all stories and pictures to tgraytn@yahoo.com or mail them to:

T. Gray
      105F Stonebrook Place Suite 381
      Jackson, TN 38305

We will do our best to return you pictures to you, but cannot guarantee it. Therefore, please write your name and address on the back of them.
      Any commercial magazine in the motorcycling field pays good money for stories and pictures. Twenty-five to thirty-cents per word is a rate many newspapers pay to free-lancers for feature work. Photos pay extra, perhaps $50 per picture.

AFJ

Comment

I think it is a shame that a member like myself in GOOD standing and of high morales is automatically viewed as being a person of disbelief (ROBERT)! I am an avid enthusiast that owns several vintage bikes and may I say "Well liked and trusted". I have decided to publish a book that will contain interesting stories regarding people and how they found their bikes. I wish to assure everyone that this project does not include me "scamming" anyone.

By the way, I thought that being a member of this organization was all about helping other people ???

If ANYONE has any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. My number is (731) 256-0644.
        Tom Gray

Comment

what is the publication
          Jeff Bowles
          Arkansas
          Membership # 14023
          1957 Sportster

Comment

Thanks for your question. I am in the beginning stages of compiling stories to be published into a book (not a magazine). I plan to make this book available worldwide through various book stores and online book companies.
            Tom Gray

Comment

Are you giving the book away for free?

If not, you are asking for value with no compensation back to the contributor. It doesn't matter how long you have been a member.

This is akin to asking for free parts so you can build a bike to sell for your own profit.
              \'77 Sportster
              \'68 FLH
              \'61 Super 10
              \'56 Servicar
              \'59 Hummer

Comment

Your Story is Needed

First off - You have 25 posts here and no one really knows who you are or what you are about. Furthermore, my job here as a member is to protect the "membership" as a whole.
                You are writing a book for publication in book stores and elsewhere. The only person that gains financially from this is you. I've had friends mail photos and stories under the same assumption only to find that they "no longer owned" their photos because they became the property of the writer. I feel an obligation to let people know how it really works.
                Bob
                AMCA #3149
                http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

*** Please Notice ***

RATFINK: I would NEVER ask anyone to give me parts so that I can build a bike and sell it for profit!

AMCA "SANE" MEMBERS: If you are interested in talking about this project, feel free to email or call me. I don't have a lot of time or patience for insane or illiterate people....
                  Tom Gray

Comment

BOB: Like I said, call me!
                    Tom Gray

Comment

"insane or illiterate"?

No need to insult people. You want to use the services of the AMCA (this forum) and its members for your own gain.

At least you could have committed a percentage of the proceeds to the AMCA.
                      \'77 Sportster
                      \'68 FLH
                      \'61 Super 10
                      \'56 Servicar
                      \'59 Hummer

Comment

Bob is 100% right, my family lost a lot personal items and pictures when the book the Hell Drivers was written, nothing was ever returned. Tom you may be a great guy, but once you get burned there's no going back. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I'll never share any personal pictures or stories with anyone writing a book for profit. Good luck with your book project, hope it works out for you.
                        Mark Wang
                        De Soto WI
                        AMCA #2079

Comment

In the past I naively loaned old pictures of Crockers to "friends" only to see them used in magazines and marketing and labelled
                          "property of" "from the collection of " and "copyright protected" These guys are all long standing members of the AMCA who I never would have thought capable of this two faced deception , of course when it comes to Crockers it's all about greed these days.

Comment

The world is full of very skeptical and negative individuals that pray on news in order for them to constantly participate in negative discussions. However, I would have never thought that those individuals would have been camping out here at the AMCA. I am certainly glad that I haven't been wrongly accused of a crime and these individuals were my jurors. Again, I had NO IDEA that this was what being a member of the AMCA was all about. COUNT ME OUT!

I will no longer respond nor participate in this negativity.
                            Tom Gray

Comment

I think tgray's request was quite reasonable. I certainly don't think he's out to screw anyone. Personally I would love to see a book about finding and restoring old motorcycles. Antique motorcycles is small time stuff so I don't think tgray is going to get rich off a book like this. As a matter of fact, I'll bet it costs him money. Regarding pictures, one should always be careful with pictures of family or relatives but if you're talking about pictures of machines or parts, who cares. Just don't take a picture of the license plate. Cut the guy a break.
                              Eric Smith
                              AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                              X