Knuckle fever gone run amuck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knuckle fever gone run amuck!

For those of you that don’t surf e-bay this will warm your heart. For the last few weeks Bills Cycles of Blumsburg PA. Has been posting front and rear NOS fender trim 37-48. The rears price wise have remained around the $450 clam mark (I myself got a set) but the fronts on the other hand! The first set sold for about $450.00 second and third $700.00 to $850.00 range. Forth set three days ago went for $1450.00 and now for the set that ended last night $2030.00 and another set was posted this morning. Ya. I can see the next generation just standing in line to get into this hobby. All ya need is credit. Bob
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KNUCK...QQcmdZViewItem
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Yeah but Bob ?????? When those who paid so much get what they needed, have what they needed, the prices will fall drastically. Paps

Comment

When I first read the post I thought it meant complete fenders at those prices, but then I spotted the small 4-letter word "trim."

As irascible old Uke would have exclaimed: "What?!"
      Herbert Wagner
      AMCA 4634
      =======
      The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

I am glad that my bike isn't supposed to have trim.
        A.M.C.A. Board Member

www.oldbikesinsd.blogspot.com

www.pre1916scramble.blogspot.com

Comment

I would love to have the genuine stuff as much as everyone else but is there that much difference in genuine and reproduction fender trim ? I know the repro has to be fussed with but does the genuine stuff just fall on and look perfect ?
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Man I went to the toy box to see what my knucks fender trim looked like, was I glad!! Like brand new! I wish I had the spare money for a spare set but guess I will just have to wait. I can not see paying that price,but more power to someone that has the extra to get what they want!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
              For those of you that don’t surf e-bay this will warm your heart. For the last few weeks Bills Cycles of Blumsburg PA. Has been posting front and rear NOS fender trim 37-48. The rears price wise have remained around the $450 clam mark (I myself got a set) but the fronts on the other hand! The first set sold for about $450.00 second and third $700.00 to $850.00 range. Forth set three days ago went for $1450.00 and now for the set that ended last night $2030.00 and another set was posted this morning. Ya. I can see the next generation just standing in line to get into this hobby. All ya need is credit. Bob
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KNUCK...QQcmdZViewItem
              Hey Bob,

Just curious do you know where there the buyers are from?
              Reason I ask is I am working on a 30VL and some of that stuff that I have watched to bid on has gone thru the roof price wise for VL's not that high but costly enough
              some of the people buying the parts are from Spain,Australia etc.
              Chuck
              AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Those prices are why my '47 U project sports repop fenders and trim. I bid $150 on some of that trim, talk about pi$$in' in the wind! I'm not poor but I guess I can't afford a correct restoration. I'll work to make her road worthy and look presentable. Maybe even work harder at straighting the old beat up fenders and trim!

Comment

Are you sure what you received is genuine is nos H-D and not repop?

Comment

I know that seller. If he says it is genuine, it is. Paps

Comment

I got to agree with Paps. I've been doing business with Bill Morris for thirty years. His word is iron. Bob
                      AMCA #3149

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew N. Olse View Post
                        I am glad that my bike isn't supposed to have trim.
                        Does it have mud in the fenders?

Mine does.
                        Buzz Kanter
                        Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
                        [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
                        [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

It's Tuesday morn at 8:00 am and the winner is $1530.00 clams!
                          AMCA #3149

Comment

Working...
                          X