No announcement yet.

Dinkelsbuhl, Germany AMCA meet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMCA European meet video is online !!!!!

Originally posted by George Greer View Post
    Hi all..

Went to my first AMCA meeting this Saturday..........Had a blast...

Got to see Peter Reeves, Steve Slocumbe, Paul Jung, Eric from BOS, Harry Hacker, but they were quite busy judging, but kinda let me tag along to see what's going on..

Also got to meet Larry Elias

Impressed with the knowledge these guy's got.

Going to be back!!

Now.........I gotta get me a knucklehead.........geeeze.........I think I just luv them engines.

George Greer
    check this out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s38DrMZzaP8

Comment

Dear George, yes we'll be at Veterama 10-12 October, again with Stand 402 in Area 6. For those who don't know, this is the biggest European swap meet, and held in Mannheim Germany. There are about 1500 vendor spaces, with bikes, cars, buses, trucks and crazy stuff. This is where Bill Morris found the WW2 tracked motorcycle now in his museum. Come over and give it a try.

Best regards,

Comment

Using both original and repro parts and mixing Panhead parts in too, a guy could probably build a (ahem) "reasonably" priced Knucklehead look-alike. It wouldn't score points for correctness, but done tastefully it could be a very fine looking machine and fun to ride too.

Lookswise, I like the '47 model and the '36 thru 39 models, but I always prefer 4:00x18s no matter what the year and would have nothing else.

However, a 1950 Panhead set up with 4:00x18s is an extremely handsome and good-handling motorcycle that IMHO looks as good as any year Knuck. That futuristic Hydra-Glide, glittering stainless steel pan covers, and clean non-cluttered chassis was a joy to behold. Yes, I would add a windscreen and saddlebags but lay off the other goofy accessories, chrome gee-gaws, bumpers, etc. There was a short window in early Panhead time where everything came together for the RIGHT look. Didn't last long.

My 2 cents...
        Last edited by HarleyCreation; 07-09-2008, 12:07 PM.
        Herbert Wagner
        AMCA 4634
        =======
        The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

Herb..

Fair enough........

But I hate to say it.......but sometimes I just hate repo parts.

I don't like to modify a "repo" part to make it work...

I don't like people to tell me that It is a "Direct replacment exact copy of original". bull crap.

Sometimes it is not so........other times .... it is.

But I only have experience with them on my WLA.......

I am now in the process of finding NOS pieces.......and replacing repo...

I will find a set of cases........and I am not interested in having nothing I own "Judged"...

I just wanna have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just looking for now.

George Greer
          George Greer
          AMCA # 3370

Comment

George,

I hear ya! I was gonna remark on repro part quality but left it off. I just figured that nowadays (like you said) a repro part can fit a space until the "real" part is tracked down.

I have never hardly used repro parts, and when I did the results were poor. Clutch plates that stopped working and pistons that "lunched" a motor.

My old dealer "Bud" Pater way back in the 1970s said he much preferred putting in a USED orig. Harley part over a new repro part everytime and that holds true today.

I think your project and philosophy is a good one. I know that right now you're just looking, but thinking and dreaming about it is part of the fun.
            Herbert Wagner
            AMCA 4634
            =======
            The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

Working...
            X