4th of July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July

Just wishing everyone a great and safe 4th. It's great to be an American and ride symbols of what made this the greatest civilization on the planet. It was people from all over the world that went to places like Millwaukee, Springfield, Chicago, and Detroit and brought skills developed from generations of integrity and craftsmanship. America was a catalyst for fertile minds and skilled hands. Ideas that may have been restrained in their native lands were often encouraged or at least unhindered in America. We may be discouraged by $4.00 plus a gallon gas but I believe the oil companies have uncorked a bottle of American ingenuity and will rue the day they pissed off Americans.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

The word invent was born in this country and will continue. America is ONE! You don't see anybody beating down doors anywhere else to get in. Don't let the media bring your heads down. These whores like CNN will harp on anything for a buck. This country is in great shape. In November use your gift of birth. VOTE! Happy fourth. Bob

“Any man that forsakes freedom for security deserves neither.”
    1 800 NRA JOIN

1948 FL
    1957FL
    1960FLH
    1965 XLCH
    2006 FLHT
    Five more in crates with good paper!
    Restore for life, Restore for the next generation! O the hell with this. Just save something of what used to be America.
    Beagle! Beagle!
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
      You don't see anybody beating down doors anywhere else to get in.
      Happy 4th of July for the Americans on the list.
      As for the quote, you couldn't be more wrong mate!
      (And I know I'm going to regret commenting!!!)

Best wishes.

Ken.
      Last edited by Baytown; 07-04-2008, 09:18 PM.
      Ken Kemp
      Nth Queensland
      AUSTRALIA
      Member # 8756

47 Chief
      2006 BMW K1200S
      Getting seriously interested in Vincent
      2010 Can Am Spyder RSS (The Wife made me do it!)
      SYM 125 Scooter

Comment

Well.......the oil companies have unleashed ingenuity here in the Buckeye state. Bro up near Wauseon has got a 100 mile per gallon muscle car running as I write. He claims by the time he is done with his tinkering, he will get close to 500 miles per gallon out of her. Other claims are o to 60 in 3 seconds on 400 hp. All his inventive additions are incorporated into an older american car. I saw this on our local media just two days ago. He was asked why he put the last 10 years of his life into this idea of his. He said....it is time the oil companies quit dictating what we must pay for oil. Now ....we will dictate to the oil companies what we will pay for it. His invention is already in the patent process. I can't blame him for that position of protection. Bring it on Bro !!! Bring it on to us soon ! Happy 4th Of July all. Paps

Comment

Ken, I like to look at thing as they can fit in a thimble. If you’re a widget assembler and they stop making widgets. You got a problem. I agree with Eric. I see a technology explosion coming in America. Are there a few things were doing half ass backwards at the moment. Ya but I’m in no mood to beat a dead horse. Paps does that guy need an investor? Bob
          AMCA #3149

Comment

That I don't know but If I were him, I would concerned on just whom I excepted investments from. A friend of my Dads', more than 40 years ago, invented the pull top beverage can. He sought out investors through large corporations. They were thrilled over his idea, to say the least. He showed them one of his cans. They said they would get back to him soon. A year went by, still no contact from them. One day as he was shopping for groceries, he strolled past the beverage section, only to see his invention, on soda pop cans. Nope...he didn't patent his idea. They stole it from him ! One of the most common situations which occurr, when a person seeks investors, is a patent purchase clause. Numerous times, patents were gained and controled, through these hidden contract lines. The interested investors sought, and gained, possession of the patent, for the soul purpose of keeping the invention off of the market. My advice to him....don't allow anyone associated with an oil company to become an investor in his invention. Screen potential investors very carefully and obtain a super good attorney, to boot. If I had to money to spare, I would just give it to him. The benefit of his invention, to mankind, would be tremendous. A percentage of the profit to be made, would suffice me. When I learn more, I'll post the results. Paps

Comment

4th July

G'day Robert.
              My comment was just to highlight that Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Canada and many European countries have no shortage of migrants wanting to immigrate, or seek Refugee status. Just wanted to point out (my version of patriotism) that many other countries are very healthy and attractive to foreign nationals as well. No offense was meant from my end.
              When I was in the Middle East last year, I was working with both the US and Canadian forces.
              I remember that the Canadians were celebrating the 4th of July as well. I didn't think it was a Canadian day of significance. I may be wrong, but any comments re this?

Best wishes all.

Ken.
              Ken Kemp
              Nth Queensland
              AUSTRALIA
              Member # 8756

47 Chief
              2006 BMW K1200S
              SYM 125 Scooter

Comment

Sorry about that Ken. I figured it out a couple of hours after I posted. The difference is that in America we reward you for coming here illegally. You get welfare, medicade, housing, schooling for your children, drivers license and citizenship at the end of each decade when our politicians pull their latest amnesty scheme out of their hats because there to lazy to deal with the border issue. This is why I restore motorcycles. So I don’t have to think about this stuff all day. Bob
                AMCA #3149

Comment

Our national holiday is "Canada Day" and it is on July 1st.

Comment

Happy belated Canada Day Barry. Canada made Indians back in the early days. Canada also made Studebakers at a profit, which couldn't be done in America. Great country.
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Eric, Yes Canada is a great country except for the climate however that has resulted in keeping the population low, for now anyway!

Comment

Canada Day

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
                        Our national holiday is "Canada Day" and it is on July 1st.
                        Yes, I think I remember the Canadians celebrating that as well, but the deployed troops I was with at that time certainly made an issue of the 4th July as well, and Thanks Giving day, and that 'trick or treat' thing. Their touring entertainment bands and comedians provided by the Canadian military were mostly in French.
                        I found it interesting, if a bit confusing.

Best wishes.

Ken.
                        Ken Kemp
                        Nth Queensland
                        AUSTRALIA
                        Member # 8756

47 Chief
                        2006 BMW K1200S
                        SYM 125 Scooter

Comment

Working...
                        X