To all the friends of Bo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all the friends of Bo

To all of you who were friends of Bo,My beautiful Doberman ,who often checked out the swap meets in Oley,Hebron and even Brookfield...Bo died in my arms of a sudden heart attack May 6th.It has been a total shock for our family. He never let on that he was sick,always up for a good time,starting out on a walk after work when he just left us.
    He loved and was loved by everybody that he met.People from all over the country knew and loved Bo.Especially his unique "singing" and his gentle ways.He had just turned 9yrs.Til we meet again big Bo.
    Nancy Cook
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TWOPANNAN; 05-17-2008, 08:07 AM.

I feel for you deeply. I had a few pass in my arms as well. One made the mistake of confronting a car. Though wounded terribly, he allowed me to lift him from the highway, without revealing any of his pain and discomfort. Petting him gently, he snuzzled up to my chest in affection, then passed. As with your animal friend, he loved people and they returned it as well. I am very sorry for you loss. I understand exactly how you feel. Paps

Comment

Thanks. The smiles they bring are worth every tear.

Comment

We lost our dog earlier this year and the heartbreak can be unbearable. All they do is love and I truely believe they are a gift from God to make life better for us crazy humans. We said we wouldn't have another dog for a long time but we couldn't stand the peace and quiet so we got another dog. That dog seemed lonely so we got another dog and that was the best decision we ever made. Just like motorcycles. One ain't enough.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

There are many that don't care for cats. I was one of those. That is....until I was working under my truck, reaching for tools, and placing the tools where I needed them as I used them. Each time I tried to grab one of the laid out tools that I needed next, Our one male mid grown kitten would take his paw and push it closer to me to grasp. This went on and on until I completed my repairs. I mentioned this senerio because a few months later I had a pretty devistating accident. The accident put me in a wheel chair for years. During the first few months after my accident, my pain was almost unbearable. On one of those days, a bright sunny July summer month, my Wife pushed me out of the house and under a shade tree so I could get out of the house for a change. That cat, the one I spoke of earlier, hovered around me for about a half hour or so and then he did something I will never forget. A red squirrel was climbing up a power pole about twenty feet away from me. The squirrel had climbed to about 12 feet off the ground, when suddenly.....this tom cat makes a lighting streak across the distance, jumps the 12 feet, straight up, and snaggs that red squirrel right between his front teeth. When this cat hit the ground, he struts his stuff proudly and walks toward me. With squirrel in his mouth, the squirrel is dead already, he reaches me, gently jumps up into my wheel chair with me....and then lies the squirrel, ever so easily, onto my lap. Next he head butts my chin and then jumps down to a sitting position beside my wheel chair. My point is, he brought me a gift for my suffering. I knew this ! It was all so obvious !! That incident took place nearly 6 years ago. That cat now has a name. Osker. Osker can be found at any given time of the day, near me, if not annoying me, by sitting atop my shoulders, lying upon my chest, sleeping next to me when I fall asleep watching tv, you name it. He sticks to me like glue. Our dogs luv him too. He luvs em right back ! Osker travels with us to most of the swapmeets now. I guess I still dislike cats but Osker isn't a cat. He just looks like one. Paps

Comment

Nancy:

Sorry to hear about Bo. Wanda and I lost our Shih Tzu "Chester" several years back and it really broke out hearts. We now have 2 more, Tatoo and Cocoa, with the hope that when the one passes the other can help us through - Chester must have sent them.

Hank Williams, Jr. has a song that says "If Heaven ain't a lot like Dixie I don't want to go?" I feel that if there ain't no dogs in Heaven, I don't want to go.

My condolences to you and Larry.

Lonnie C. and Wanda from S.C.
            Lonnie Campbell #9908
            South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Working...
            X