First Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Bike

The post about the Honda 450 "Bomber" got me thinking about my first bike. And then Herb
    related the story of his first bike. So I dug out the photo my grandma took behind her her house in 1966. I was 16. If I remember correctly it was a 1964 HD Sprint. Of course the first thing I did was take off the front fender. Next winter I took it all apart, had it painted metal flake blue and then had to take it to a real mechanic as I put the points plate in backwards. I still have the scars on my right shin from the kick start lever. I used to sit in the high school parking after school trying to start it long after everybody else had left.

So everybody start digging around in your old photo boxes and post your first bike photo.
    Attached Files

49 vertical Indian Scout in around 1956
    Attached Files

Comment

Me and my older brother. His first bike . Ducati Bronco 125CC. 1962
      Attached Files

Comment

First Bikes

After serving in the Viet Nam Era Army,
        I couldn't wait to get a new 1971 Kawasaki
        triple, when I returned home.

Roger Smith
        Clarkston, Michigan
        Attached Files

Comment

Harley WLA, cant remember the year. It was partially chopped when I found it in early 70's Welded billets to extend front fork. Stock frame. Corbin Gentry seat and sissy bar. Spray can paint job, gold and metallic blue. Kept it for a few years and traded it and a rat 48Chief and cash for another 1948 Chief. Added the sidecar. I should have kept them both.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's my first I think I was twelve or thirteen, my dad bought a 1960 (?) Honda CA110 50 CC. My brother had a Honda Cub 50 step through automatic. Boy could I kick his ass in a race.....
            Attached Files
            Louie
            FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
            Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
            YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

These photos are great. Wouldn't these photos make a great display in the new AMCA
              museum? Seeing as we have thousands of members we could end up with hundreds of
              photos. What do you think?

Dick

Comment

Originally posted by pem View Post
                These photos are great. Wouldn't these photos make a great display in the new AMCA
                museum? Seeing as we have thousands of members we could end up with hundreds of
                photos. What do you think?

Dick
                Personally I think that's a great idea. I still have to dig out a photo of me and my 1967 CL160 Honda that I rode across the country in 1970.
                Herbert Wagner
                AMCA 4634
                =======
                The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

Well, I don't seem to have a pic of the little Honda dirt bike that my dad got me when I was eleven years old, but I do have one of my first big boy purchase of a '77 XLT Sportster. I was eighteen by then and the bike was thirteen. It had a lot of bugs in it, but when it did run it pulled like a freight train! It's kinda funny though that Sportster is long gone and I still have the Honda. I must be sentimental!
                  Attached Files
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                  X