Stuck In The Mud!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck In The Mud!!!

Let's hope that no department of highways big-wigs get ahold of this pic. Nobody would have room to complain about bad roads!!!!
    Attached Files
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

I would have trouble walking across that road, let alone riding over it - awe the good ol days ;-)

Comment

Push Bike

This photo looks like one of Harley's staged publicity shots and a good one! But even the mighty Harley-D is humbled and the rider is forced to (gasp) push.

Looks like it's time for a 2nd cylinder!
      Herbert Wagner
      AMCA 4634
      =======
      The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

I understand that bikes with big tank decals are generally publicity photos commisioned by Harley Davidson. Herb, do you think those decals were available to the rabid H-D lover of the day ?
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Matt "Mudpuddle" Olsen did the same thing with my Harley at Wheels Through Time museum this winter.

Still haven't gotten all the mud off it yet!
          Buzz Kanter
          Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
          [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
          [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Ah.......a little dirt adds character.... Oh and Buzz what's the timeline on your new magazine for us antique freaks? I'm jonesin' for new readin' material...
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
              Ah.......a little dirt adds character.... Oh and Buzz what's the timeline on your new magazine for us antique freaks? I'm jonesin' for new readin' material...
              Yes, a little dirt does add character. Especially on our "crustoration" Panhead.

At this time it does not make sense to launch a new print magazine, but we have launched a free bulletin board for classic American bikes at www.caimag.com that I'd like to expand into a classic bike web site/magazine one day.
              Buzz Kanter

Comment

I gotcha Buzz. I won't shuffle through the magazines on the newstand looking for a new mag then. But I should comment on the article on Louie's opposed twin in the latest issue of American Iron. Thumbs up! I also really liked the one you did on John Parham's '08. I stopped by his museum last summer and could hardly pull myself away from it long enough to look at the other bikes! Keep the old stuff coming!!!
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Mud

Doesn't look like he's tried to ride it too much. The white tyres are still clean on the side walls.
                  Ken Kemp
                  Nth Queensland
                  AUSTRALIA
                  Member # 8756

47 Chief
                  2006 BMW K1200S
                  Getting seriously interested in Vincent
                  2010 Can Am Spyder RSS (The Wife made me do it!)
                  SYM 125 Scooter

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                    I gotcha Buzz. I won't shuffle through the magazines on the newstand looking for a new mag then. But I should comment on the article on Louie's opposed twin in the latest issue of American Iron. Thumbs up! I also really liked the one you did on John Parham's '08. I stopped by his museum last summer and could hardly pull myself away from it long enough to look at the other bikes! Keep the old stuff coming!!!
                    Thanks. We run at least one classic bike every issue in American Iron Magazine. Some are 1950s, others are very early. It keeps the new bike riders amuzed and confused!
                    Buzz Kanter

Comment

Working...
                    X