titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• titles

Hi,has anyone out there used a co. called International Title Services out of Las Vegas.They want 85.00 and say they will send me a title,but not a Nevada title ,that I can take to my state DMV and use to get a title from my state.Thanks Johnny-Milw.

I've heard that it works, as long as you are in a state that will accept a registration to use for transfer to title. I live in Ohio and cannot use this type of service, I am still trying to figure out how to title my '40 project once it's done...

Mike

Comment

Howdy Johnny,

I've used Joe's title service at various times over the last 15 years on about 8 - 9 machines, if I can recall, the last in February on my 441. Have even used ITS to get new titles on two machines that had them already (not registered in over 30 years and thus off the books), so I could retain the cool originals, because this service is so convenient.

Applying for lost titles in TN can be a huge and time consuming hastle, in less that 10 days I can get one from him, go down and register my machine that day. The states he's used over the years has varied from Maine to Alabama and the premise is that you are "selling" the machine to him and he is in turn "selling" it back to you, so in our case, you'll be paying state sales tax as you register, which wouldn't be the case if you were applying for a lost title, but still worth it.
      Cheerio,
      Peter
      1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

I just sent International Title Service a money order for $85 about a week ago for a title. I'll keep you posted how it turns out.

Comment

titles

Thanks for the replies,I'm going to check with the Wi. DMV to see if they would accept a registration from out of state.Johnny-Milw.

Comment

ITS worked fine here in Oregon. I think I called them first to find out if Oregon was a state they service. The advise I got before hand was don't ask them (dmv) any questions just show the ITS paperwork, there is lots of red tape at dmv. Good Luck, Scott

Comment

Mike...what Peter said, is how you do it here in Ohio. Ohio will except only a legal out of state title with inspection sheet from certified dealer. A title company can obtain a legal bill of sale for a resident of a state, who can use a legal bill of sale, in their state, to obtain a legal title, in their name. Once they aquire that document, that individual can sell it to you. Paps

Comment

Johnnyfire

I have used the Title Services in Wisconsin many times and have had real good luck. I try other avenues first.

Jerry

Comment

Thanks Paps,

That was my train of thought also. Does anyone know which states are able to use this type of service? I might have to make some new out-of-state friends

Mike

Comment

South Carolina is one of them. My buddy from there has helped me out often. Paps

Comment

One guy told me that his buddy used a title service's papers to get a title in PA and when he tried to tranfer it to Ohio they STILL refused it. Maybe Ohio does a history search?

Comment

I believe that transferring an out of state title in Ohio is more of a roll of the dice as to which girl is behind the counter when your number is called, rather than the difficulty of the system. If when you go to transfer the title and the first thing the girl does is pick up the phone to check with someone, that’s bad news for you.

I’ve had good luck by simply going to a different licensing office or coming back in a few days and hope to get a different person waiting on you. It really is a roll of the dice. Kind of like the old Clint Eastwood saying, “Are you feeling lucky today?”
                        -Steve

By the way this only works if you have a complete motorcycle. You don't have a chance in hell of transfering a title if the machine is a basket case. When it comes to vintage motorcycles, they always insist on coming outside to verify the numbers.
                        Last edited by Ohio-Rider; 04-13-2008, 08:32 AM.
                        ------------
                        Steve
                        AMCA #7300

Comment

My experience with PA has always been tough but bringing a vehicle over to Ohio from PA normally went smooth for me. I got to agree with the right individual behind the counter luck. Even the inspection folk can be a pain now and then. I had one give me a problem over it being a runner or not. He said the BMV would give me a problem if it didn't run. Something like, a salvage title for a restoration, may be the only one they might issue. I got lucky though. They didn't try to go that route. This kind of angered me though. What does it matter whether it runs or not ? I've transfered vehicles within the state that didn't run. I have never been asked whether they ran or not either. Milage and condition is the only questions I got from them. Out of state vehicles which don't run must need more work, Heh ? Paps

Comment

I received my package from Int'l Title Service today... but no title. What I received was an Alabama registration and a notarized bill of sale made out to me, as if I was buying the bike from some car lot in Alabama. I'll keep you posted on what the DMV here in Washington says!

Comment

Any one following from Ca. or Co. who has had any dealings with the Intrenational Title Service title process? I used a service in Ca. in the mid nineties but can't locate them any more. I now live in Co. and have had no luck with my 1946fl that hasen't been registered since 1984.

Comment

Working...
                              X