No announcement yet.

Never Ending Crocker BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

find out the serial number and I may be able to give you some history on the Crocker. Now that the US dollar is in the toilet I wonder how many Crockers have migrated to Europe and elsewhere.
    Thanks Perry for the tip on the Hummer rims. Just goes to show one should never make assumptions. Harley has always been notorious for using up old stock and I made the false assumption this was the case, I guess I'd better put the price of my remaining VL rims up !

Comment

Barry,

Never mind crockers heading across the pond to Europe...........we'll be repatriating Broughs first..........

Martin :-)

Comment

Martin, I think Mr.Hall is still bringing Broughs to Kansas, last count was a dozen. Hey Martin, is this 50th rally worth attending? I see they are popping for a free meal and 100+ bikes expected. You going? What model of Brough do you have? Cheers, Barry

Comment

Here's something I thought you fellas might want to read...........

http://www.rmauctions.com/FeatureCar...08&CarID=r245#
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Here is a PRIME example of the BS I've been talking about! Faster than a Brough or a series A Rapide? not a chance. Look at the facts. How many world speed records did Crocker hold -- ZERO, how fast did Homer Wood's Crocker go at Muroc , 105 mph. Broughs and Vincents were lighter , that was the main difference. The Crocker was probably faster than the later , heavier Matchless engined ss100 but not it's JAP engined predecessor and as far as an A Rapide, now that IS the holy grail, just think, it's designer Phil Irving went on to design the Repco Brabham engine which won the holy grail of automotive supremacy Formula 1 world championship etc.

Comment

If you read through other descriptions on other bikes, there are discrepancies as well. I guess it just goes to show, don't believe everything you read. Oh, and the '12 Harley that was advertised in the club mag for the auction is not on the site. Second thoughts or sold already?
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
              X