Oley Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oley Meet

Curious to know if there is anybody on the fourm that is planning to go to Oley the end of April?
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Business permitting I do plan a trip there

Comment

Counting down the days.........

Looking forward to it myself,in all the years I have belonged to the AMCA I haven't made one yet came close a couple of times but with work and family seems more than once things didn't work out but I am good to go for Oley.........finally.

Also it would be good to place a face to the names here
      Chuck
      AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
        Also it would be good to place a face to the names here
        One feature of the new forum is the ability to associate a thumbnail photo of yourself with your user profile. This lets us put a face to a name. I just uploaded a photo of myself. Click on my forum userid above this post. You should have a menu expand. Click on view public profile within the menu ... Perry
        Last edited by Perry Ruiter; 02-28-2008, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I willattend this year, as I have most for the past 15 years.
          Brian
          Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Thanks Perry

I will have to try that sometime computers can be a challenge for this welder in the mean time I'm counting days for Oley marked it down at work today will be off from the 24th of April till May 4th.
            Planning on heading in that direction on the 24th
            Chuck
            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

I'll be there for at least one day. Paps

Comment

Originally posted by bmh View Post
                I willattend this year, as I have most for the past 15 years.
                Brian
                BMH

Reading the flier in the spring issue it says the meet times for Oley are as follows friday and saturday 8:00 am till 6:00 pm and sunday 8:00 am till noon

is this for the venders what goes on after 6 I would guess most people are heading to get something to eat by then how far are places like diners,motels?

Being new to the AMCA Meets,different groups have different types of things going on I am quite certain it isn't like Daytona or laconia now the sidecar club that I belong to is pretty laid back most people kinda hang out and talk sidecars
                Chuck
                AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by Paps View Post
                  I'll be there for at least one day. Paps
                  Paps

that's gotta be a bit of a ride for you I believe you will be comming from Ohio?

the trip maker on this computer tells me it's about 370 + if I remember right comming from western ny
                  Chuck
                  AMCA Member#1848

Comment

I'll be getting there on friday around noon, heading home saturday aftenoon. The motel I usually stay at, the "Dutch Colony" is closed this year. I wonder what happened to it? I really liked the vintage airplane theme.

Chuck, Oley is a small town and there's not much there. They have food at the fairgrounds and a grocery store in town so if you're camping you don't have to worry about starving to death. The fire department at the fairgrounds also has a dinner in the evening. There's a bed and breakfast but any other motels and restaurants are in Reading or Pottstown, I'd say most around a half hour drive. Google is hard to beat for maps, directions and motel listings.

Comment

I'm hoping to make the trip too, hopefully I can find a hotel somewhere not TOO far away...

Mike

Comment

I'm lucky, I go home at night. It's alittle over an hour drive for me. and in the fall the Jefferson meet is about an hour the other way. If your looking for some fun on saturday night ( I think ) the Reading MC has dirt drags at their grounds. It's only acouple of miles out of town if I remember right. Haven't been to them in a few years , but I know it didn't cost much to get in , and it sure is entertaining.
                        Brian
                        Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Mr and Mrs Militaryrider and Militaryrider Jr shall attend ,look for the silver servi car ,the one that smokes alot !

Comment

Are there showers at the fair grounds?

The dirt drags sounded good I see it listed in the spring magazine with the flyer for Oley i was kinda thinking about maybe doing that on sat night

The bike show on sunday when do they start lining them up?
                            Chuck
                            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

It's a good trip though Chuck. Folks travel a lot further to attend it. Davenport burns me a good 12 to 14 hours and I still love it. Paps

Comment

Working...
                              X