Forum Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Sucks

I hate this new forum--it is just like Buzz Kanter's forum. You log in, want to make a post, then are told you are not logged in--it is BULLs__T.We are an antique club--go back to the antique ways--I shant be posting again because it is just too much trouble----

You are logged in if I can read your post.....?

Comment

Click the Remember me

Paquette,

Took it a bit to sink in for me but when you first open the screen check the box to the right ,next to your screen name space
      When the check is there THEN log in with name and password.

that has worked for me every time
      Chuck
      AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by Paquette View Post
        I hate this new forum--it is just like Buzz Kanter's forum. You log in, want to make a post, then are told you are not logged in--it is BULLs__T.We are an antique club--go back to the antique ways--I shant be posting again because it is just too much trouble----
        I've logged in exactly once. About a week ago. When I entered my userid and password, I ticked the "Remember me" box. Try it, you'll like it ... Perry

Comment

It took me a little getting used to as well. I'm not much for change and find myself missing the old board. But, like it or not change is iminent and bucking it is just a waste of energy. I can only hope that participation stays up so this board can once again be a great place for us to talk old bikes. I also think that only the truly computer savvy can appreciate the hard work that Michael went through to get this thing running again. I only know the basics so I'll choose to believe. I have one question though. Does everyone get an e-mail regarding responses to the subscribed threads? I don't seem to get them.
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
            It took me a little getting used to as well. I'm not much for change and find myself missing the old board. But, like it or not change is iminent and bucking it is just a waste of energy. I can only hope that participation stays up so this board can once again be a great place for us to talk old bikes. I also think that only the truly computer savvy can appreciate the hard work that Michael went through to get this thing running again. I only know the basics so I'll choose to believe. I have one question though. Does everyone get an e-mail regarding responses to the subscribed threads? I don't seem to get them.
            Click on the UserCP (it's on the top left of each page). Then click edit options. Under there is an setting regarding the behaviour for whether you'll get an email, etc. ... Perry
            Last edited by Perry Ruiter; 02-28-2008, 02:13 AM.

Comment

It's nice to see the return of many of the familiar contributors to the forum. That was a rough week without it. I understand Paquette's frustration with computer administration. I've reached a level of computer literacy/illiteracy that I'm comfortable with and when I'm required to go any further, it just hurts my brain. C.O. has touched on this before but I have to add that this is a fantastic place to talk motorcycles. With few exceptions, most of us are like like lost souls on a desert island. Nobody understands our passion for old bikes and when you go into just a little bit of detail about some arcane piece of motorcycle history or techincal information you can actually see your victim's eyes glaze over. Better yet, you get the kid at work who sees the AMCA calendar on your desk and uses that as a segway into some long boring story about his uncle's antique 1982 Honda 350. This forum is a life saver. Not only for the priceless information, stories, and pictures, but the way it let's someone in California yak with a guy in Georgia and then someone in Sweden. I'm glad it's back.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

I am also VERY glad to see the Forum up and running quite well I might add!
                As with all things new there will be a learning curve and bugs will need to be fixed!
                I know the effort that is put into running a site so my hat goes off to our webmaster he is doing a WONDERFUL JOB !!!!
                The truth be known I had a hard time logging in the 1st time but for different reasons,one e-mail and all was well again thanks!!!

Comment

I had to do the email thing and then had to log in once or twice after that. But now I seem to stay logged in on return visits and that's okay. Our good posters should stick around and help make the forum better than ever.
                  Herbert Wagner
                  AMCA 4634
                  =======
                  The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

Paquette,
                    Your post surprises me, considering the opportunities this forum provides you with.
                    But i suppose we all have our moments.
                    Johnny Whitsett
                    AMCA # 8626

Comment

Originally posted by Perry Ruiter View Post
                      Click on the UserCP (it's on the top left of each page). Then click edit options. Under there is an setting regarding the behaviour for whether you'll get an email, etc. ... Perry

Thanks Perry....for some reason I got home tonight and the e-mail was working all on it's own! All is good!
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Aside from a new look and the picture files, the only difference I notice is this version of the board is slower to respond. I'm sure this will improve as the bugs get workrd out( I hope anyway)
                        Brian
                        Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

I guess like anything, even this computer stuff needs an overhaul now and then. It took me a couple of tries the first time to get on the new board, but it seems to work fine now. Hopefully no one will get frustrated and give up. I think the overall quality of the forum depends on the users, and that's what seperates this one from some of the others. It's good to see the familiar names showing up on the board again. I hope Paquette will change his mind and stick around. The level of knowlege on this forum is top notch, without the sillyness, and mindless posts you see on so many other sites.
                          Doug.
                          Doug McLaughlin #6607
                          NorCal, USA

Comment

Working...
                          X