magazine arrived 20 Feb.2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magazine arrived 20 Feb.2008

The Spring 2008 magazine has arrived in Corvallis, Oregon on 20 Feb.
    Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Still waiting on it in North Mississippi.......but it is nice to have the forum back up
    jww
    Johnny Whitsett
    AMCA # 8626

Comment

I wish my magazine had arrived but alas, it has not. I'm sitting at home watching an ice storm this evening.

But yes, it's great to have the forum up and running again. Maybe others will notice this evening and get some interesting posts made.

Howard

Comment

magazine and board

I can't tell you how happy I am that the board is up. Been a bit of a challenge.

A big chunk of the magazine is posted online, including a couple web-only articles. Spring 2008 Magazine

Michael Wells
        Web Producer, AMCA

Comment

congrats on the migration

Originally posted by Michael Wells View Post
          I can't tell you how happy I am that the board is up. Been a bit of a challenge.
          Take a bow. I knew something was up when it took that long. I have some knowledge of what you have gone through ...and you pulled it off. I'll buy you a beer the next time you come thru Oregon. Do you own a bike? If not, maybe we should chip and get you something ...based on what we collect. :-)
          Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

the AMCA Spring Magazine is on the AMCA web site

A big chunk of the magazine is posted online, including a couple web-only articles. Spring 2008 Magazine Michael Wells
            Web Producer, AMCA
            This is a great addition to the wed site! This is what the internet is all about; quick distribution of information. And we still get the hard copy. ...bill
            Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Bike

I finally had to settle for "good enough" on the import. The old board had been up since 2001, so I was amazed I was able to port over as much as I could.

As far as bikes go, I don't own one, but if I were I'd be looking at an older BMW or one of the Urals with the sidecar transmission. Seems like the best way to get the most out of the riding season in Minnesota.

- Michael

Comment

Wow, I must be an early bird this time around, I got mine on the 19th, what a pleasant surprise! And another pleasant surprise to see the board back up & running, great job Michael! (hey, you can't be all bad with a name like that...)

Mike

Comment

. . . I'd be looking at an older BMW or one of the Urals with the sidecar transmission. Seems like the best way to get the most out of the riding season in Minnesota. - Michael
                  Ho ho. Did I just cause the server to burb when I tried to post? about 2:20pm
                  Anyway, look at the top of pg.37 in the Spring 2008 magazine. I think that mid-1930's 500cc DKW would suit you. ...bill
                  Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Originally posted by 23JDCA 808 View Post
                    Ho ho. Did I just cause the server to burb when I tried to post? about 2:20pm
                    Anyway, look at the top of pg.37 in the Spring 2008 magazine. I think that mid-1930's 500cc DKW would suit you. ...bill
                    Made my heart stop. "I'll just send out an e-mail to 2000 people and the server crashes."

Not sure what happened, but the the (unplanned) restart seemed to solve the slowness problem.

mid-1930's 500cc DKW
                    Yeah, I'd be okay with that.

- Michael

Comment

Not sure what happened, but the the (unplanned) restart seemed to solve the slowness problem.
                      It did seem slow, but my computer is three years old and I'm on a telephone internet connection. ...bill
                      Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

magazine arrived 20 Feb.2008

my magazine got here today Feb. 21 in New Jersey

Great JOB! on the web site
                        Kevin
                        Kevin Valentine 13
                        EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Correction......magazine made the trip to North Mississippi yesterday Feb. 21. Was awaiting my attention when i arrived home. Another great issue. Photo of my Pope created a big smile . Great job on the forum Michael !!! jww
                          Johnny Whitsett
                          AMCA # 8626

Comment

Amazingly, mine showed up on Wednesday, 2/20. It seems like all my bike mags take two weeks longer to arrive than for others, so whoever the biker at the post office is, he missed this issue going by.
                            --Darryl Richman
                            Follow my 2012 Cannonball Blog!
                            http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Comment

The mag and web site

Got my mag wednesday the 20th as usual it was another fantastic issue

Michael,Great job with the web site!

Just my .02 cents here Editors and web masters never get enough credit for what they do to keep things going
                              Chuck
                              AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Working...
                              X