1937 Eliason Snow Toboggan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 Eliason Snow Toboggan

Here's a couple clips to pick up the winter spirit for those who are pining for spring................ I wish I had one of these!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIYUV...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Ham...eature=related

Ain't it cool???

CO thanks for the pick me up as it is -46 here today in Winnipeg. A friend of mine has one of these motors. It's about a 1940 and the serial number is FWD 45. I'm told they made about 60 of those engines for the powertoboggans. Oh yeah FWD stands for Four Wheel Drive. I phone twice a year and try to buy it. Anyone have an idea of the value of such a piece?It's complete.

Comment

there is one similar to that up here in the adirondack museum .......i have a spare chief motor ....hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Comment

Wow Ross.......it's a little chilly in your neck of the woods ain't it?? You got me feeling guilty with only minus 4 here in the B.C. Rockies. I can recall reading an article on these machines ten or so years ago and was under the assumption that it was just a blank case Scout motor. I find it pretty interesting that they had their own designation. I wouldn't have any idea what one was worth.......could be anyone's guess these days.

Comment

Here's a link to check out.

http://www.eliason-snowmobile.com/

Comment

couple of pics from the site........
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice photos CO. Somewhere I have an article on the Eliason/ Four Wheel Drive company connection. I have seen one other years ago and it was also stamped FWD XX. It may have been number39? Dale Walksler has a nice restored example in his museum that my wife and I saw some years ago when he first opened up.(Still my favourite museum in the world). Can't remember what the motor said on it. Cheers

Comment

When my son is available I'll post some of the pictures of the engine I'm after.One shot shows the serial number.

Comment

a friend of mine in the forces gave me this photo from a defunct museum display at Petawawa

Comment

Neat pic Barry. Here's one of Carl Eliason with an early version of his machine.
                        Attached Files

Comment

As they say timing is everything!! Looking out my window Id say this thread is right-on! Hope we dont get the 12 to 18 inches they say we will by morning! If you people remember Glenn Hartsell (Hope I spelled it right!) He owned the INDIAN RESERVATION in PA,He had one and it ended up in Canada on his death,from the day I saw that one until now I have been chasing the dream of owning one! They are a wonderful toy ! Thanks for posting and if you visit their site you can purchase a very nice hat with the sled on it !

Comment

that one is 10 minutes from here and with all the white s**t we've been getting I'll bet it was running today!

Comment

Originally posted by Ross
                              ... Somewhere I have an article on the Eliason/ Four Wheel Drive company connection....
                              http://www.sayner-starlake.org/carleliasonstory.shtml

Comment

Working...
                              X